Western Michigan looks like Vermont | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan looks like Vermont

2-3zone

2nd String
Carbon copy with the highly skilled big man Whittington and the lights out lead guard Brown

2-3zone said:
Carbon copy with the highly skilled big man Whittington and the lights out lead guard Brown

No they are not. Vermont was a 26 rpi 8 seed masked as an 11 seed that played in their third straight ncaa tournament.

Completely different

Ah geez.png

So I guess every year when we're a 3-4 seed, every team that we play is going to be like Vermont smh. It's nearly 10 years, let it go let it go.

Duke's playing a team just like Lehigh. Kansas has a combination of NIU and Bucknell in the first round. NC Central is just like that 01 Hampton team. ISU is f*****.
We can absolutely lose the way we've played lately, but it won't be because of f****** Vermont. TJ Sorrentine and Tyler Coppenrath aren't walking through that door.

Last edited:
No they are not. Vermont was a 26 rpi 8 seed masked as an 11 seed that played in their third straight ncaa tournament.

Completely different

Well said. And that Vermont team was pissed about the seed they received and obviously played like it in that game. I doubt WMU will suffer from the same illusions of grandeur.

That Vermont team was pretty GD good. I believe 7-8 points better than WMU. Had some decent athletes and shooters. That said, WMU can beat us with the right storm.

Completely different

8 seed masked as a 13 seed. it was completely irrational.

coppenwrath was a legitimate player of the year candidate that EVERYONE knew about.

8 seed masked as a 13 seed. it was completely irrational.

coppenwrath was a legitimate player of the year candidate that EVERYONE knew about.

right 13 seed sorry. It was a terrible draw.

SU lost to BC and GT. SU beat Duke and Nova. SU can lose to anyone in this tournament and SU can beat anyone in this tournament. Every game is going to be a tough game no matter who the opponent is.

What a troll comment. I mean seriously What. Vermont had made the tournament 3 years in a row, and learned from their curb stompings the previous 2 years. Coppenwrath was a 2 time American East POY, T.J. Sorrentine was a first team guard and both of them were Seniors. Yet you want to call Western Michigan a look alike Vermont. Survey says? XXX. Wow, Western is a decent team, but they didn't beat UCLA in Pauley Pavillion like Vermont had that season. Vermont was under-seeded so they could be sent to play in Worcester. Western Michigan played two BCS teams Northwestern and Missouri and only scored 35 points versus Northwestern and lost to Missouri. Go back and look at Vermont when they played Kansas at Phog Allen in 2005 they lost by 4 points to #1 Kansas and led most of the game before losing to KU. Western Michigan could beat us because we struggle to score, but STOP THE FREAKING TROLLING its getting annoying.

I sure hope they are like Vermont - I saw them play at the University of Maine a couple months ago and I can't say I spotted anyone who looked taller than 6'2" or anyone that looked to have visited a major city in their short lives - they looked like a slightly better version of my high school team.

STOP THE FREAKING TROLLING its getting annoying.
This.
The OP has rapidly become board troll 1A - notice how he/she posted this and then just took off without any intention of actually discussing the "topic"?

I sure hope they are like Vermont - I saw them play at the University of Maine a couple months ago and I can't say I spotted anyone who looked taller than 6'2" or anyone that looked to have visited a major city in their short lives - they looked like a slightly better version of my high school team.

Seriously? I've stood right next to most of the members of the UVM squad (my son goes to their hoops camp) and they have at least two legit 6' 9-10" guys. Brian Voelkel is more like 6'4" than 6'6" - interesting stat about this guy - only player in D1 history to record 1,000 rebounds and 600 assists. I'm still really disappointed they didn't win the tourney and get to the NCAAs to see how they would do. They nearly beat Duke at Cameron this year.

Seriously? I've stood right next to most of the members of the UVM squad (my son goes to their hoops camp) and they have at least two legit 6' 9-10" guys. Brian Voelkel is more like 6'4" than 6'6" - interesting stat about this guy - only player in D1 history to record 1,000 rebounds and 600 assists. I'm still really disappointed they didn't win the tourney and get to the NCAAs to see how they would do. They nearly beat Duke at Cameron this year.
I honestly don't know anything about the team. We were in the front row of an empty arena...Maine looked terrible and Vermont looked slightly less terrible but neither looked like a division 1 team. Granted, UVM won handily and picked apart Maine's zone - but they looked less than impressive in doing so and I had come in expecting them to be really good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom