What a weird game, random thoughts | Syracusefan.com

What a weird game, random thoughts

OrangeSky

2nd String
This was a painful game to watch, so long, boring and slow.
Random thoughts-

-No flow to the game due to multiple factors- penalties, play reviews, plain vanilla game plan (what happened to Orange is the new fast?)
-Shafer and his Psyops (got into our player's heads), cigar, BS targeting, fake injuries. This was infuriating to me.
-Our receivers with cinder block hands.
-I think we looked slow and awkward.
-Poor blocking, poor rushing, poor running, poor receiving.
-Dungey will likely get concussed again, I doubt he'll last the season.
-If we don't get better, our games against the elite teams will be bloodbaths.
-I hope Babers can hold the recruiting class together

Seems like a perfect storm of negatives. I think we're better than this, but it certainly is concerning. I have cautious optimism Babers will get us headed in the right direction. I'm sick of hearing that we're just a couple of years from being good again, It's been 15 years. If Babers doesn't right the ship in a few years, I think the program is toast. That's pretty hard to think about.

How many times did Dino give the Oline the chance to be heroes? I think he wanted them to grow up and win the game. Very few times did they come through.

What is with the pace? I don't know the exact time between plays but we don't seem to play fast. Am I missing something?

What is with the pace? I don't know the exact time between plays but we don't seem to play fast. Am I missing something?
i think multiple factors at line of scrimmage . players not ready,confused. changing plays to often, adding to the chaos. to me, there did not seem to be any leadership out there. everything was sideline based. total lack of cohesion imho.

The offensive line will continue to be a problem all year IMO. But, as long as Babers can keep the recruiting class around the same level it is at now, 2018 should be a stronger season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom