When The Team Is Better Next Season . . . . . . . | Syracusefan.com

When The Team Is Better Next Season . . . . . . .

jordoo

Living Legend
After reading the board on and off since our loss in the ACC tournament, my brain begins to wonder.

When the team is better next season, how many posters will engage in self reflection and growth as fans?

I am skeptical of it, being even double digits, percentage wise. I’ve been bouncing around Syracuse fan boards for many years. You start to notice trends over time. It’s amazing how so many stick to the same over reaction song and dance. Then many reasonable posters, often with actual inside knowledge attempt to paint a realistic picture of what’s going on. The next step is denial.

I’ve been around these boards long enough to be exactly the type of poster I described above. I once convinced myself that Johnny Flynn would be back for his junior year. :confused: Perhaps it was the success of the team that followed, but somewhere in that timeframe, I started paying much closer attention to who posted what, how things turned out and who showed actual basketball insight overtime.

Just some random thoughts.

The ignore feature has helped my sanity. I was philosophically opposed to it until I realized I was only adding unnecessary frustration to my life. It’s not a long ignore list but it’s effective.

Huh? What??

Did somebody say something?? ;)

j/k B03.

My ignore list is long, but distinguished.

i'm excited for the portal season

this is going to really show where the team is headed...I think the staff dealt with a lot BS and grew a ton this year

hoping they have clarity and a good plan bc I think they are in prime position to make this a great team next season.

After reading the board on and off since our loss in the ACC tournament, my brain begins to wonder.

When the team is better next season, how many posters will engage in self reflection and growth as fans?

I am skeptical of it, being even double digits, percentage wise. I’ve been bouncing around Syracuse fan boards for many years. You start to notice trends over time. It’s amazing how so many stick to the same over reaction song and dance. Then many reasonable posters, often with actual inside knowledge attempt to paint a realistic picture of what’s going on. The next step is denial.

I’ve been around these boards long enough to be exactly the type of poster I described above. I once convinced myself that Johnny Flynn would be back for his junior year. :confused: Perhaps it was the success of the team that followed, but somewhere in that timeframe, I started paying much closer attention to who posted what, how things turned out and who showed actual basketball insight overtime.

I’ll play Devil’s advocate. What if they’re worse. Should we expect the same reflection?

I’ll play Devil’s advocate. What if they’re worse. Should we expect the same reflection?
They wont be worse. But i will play along. If they are then the problem will take care of itself

noone likes change. This is a good thing. See the football program. We literally hit the powerball.

They wont be worse. But i will play along. If they are then the problem will take care of itself

noone likes change. This is a good thing. See the football program. We literally hit the powerball.
I don’t disagree, but I don’t care about SU football. If next season isn’t better than this year are you saying Red needs to go?

I don’t disagree, but I don’t care about SU football. If next season isn’t better than this year are you saying Red needs to go?
not at all. it will just mean his vision may be viewed poorly. I have full confidence in him

and get on board with the football team. Great things are about to happen

not at all. it will just mean his vision may be viewed poorly. I have full confidence in him

and get on board with the football team. Great things are about to happen
Fair enough regarding Red. As for football, SU could be in the natty and I’d go to bed early. Just not my thing.

I dunno.

We had far more talent than NC State and the team was about to go from young to experienced. Unless Judah somehow returns it looks like one too many sophomores from the last Boeheim class is leaving. Developing guys for other programs isn't a good model. We used to have a great record with transfers back when they had to redshirt a year (G/Wes/Eli) its spotty since. 2/3 this year got hurt and the one who play 35 mpg was no better than the guy he replaced in Girard on D.

I think Moore and Freeman outplay their recruiting rankings but can they possibly live up to their Syracusefan hype? That is a tough ask just look what happened to Benny. People were saying one and done with Jalen Carey on here. A10 or Ivy transfers seem to be the only guys with any validity we're linked to. Meh. I don't really care what Q did off the court as long as it wasn't sexual assault or murder or something of that ilk I want a third year!!!

Portal era, no idea we will be better. One good thing will be that so many of the grad students and seniors we played against will be out of the ACC. Sone of the teams were ridiculously old for a college squad. Would a better record in a weaker league mean we are better?

Portal era, no idea we will be better. One good thing will be that so many of the grad students and seniors we played against will be out of the ACC. Sone of the teams were ridiculously old for a college squad. Would a better record in a weaker league mean we are better?

I said when not if

Last edited:
I dunno.

We had far more talent than NC State and the team was about to go from young to experienced. Unless Judah somehow returns it looks like one too many sophomores from the last Boeheim class is leaving. Developing guys for other programs isn't a good model. We used to have a great record with transfers back when they had to redshirt a year (G/Wes/Eli) its spotty since. 2/3 this year got hurt and the one who play 35 mpg was no better than the guy he replaced in Girard on D.

I think Moore and Freeman outplay their recruiting rankings but can they possibly live up to their Syracusefan hype? That is a tough ask just look what happened to Benny. People were saying one and done with Jalen Carey on here. A10 or Ivy transfers seem to be the only guys with any validity we're linked to. Meh. I don't really care what Q did off the court as long as it wasn't sexual assault or murder or something of that ilk I want a third year!!!
FWIW Q just stuck a knife in my heart.

This tough stuff needs to happen. It sucks but it does…the more pain the more chance we have of fixing the issues…you could see guys on the court playing the right way and others….well….not
The HC transition roster demolition generally happens no matter what - especially with a program that has been struggling. They tried to soft shoe it last year to reduce the impact, but it was going to happen.

This team has sucked pipe for 10 years

It’s over

The glory days are over and Pearl Washington isn’t walking through that door
Name programs recover from bad stretches. Flashes in the pan disappear. We will be fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom