What are the rules concerning high school practices | Syracusefan.com

What are the rules concerning high school practices

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
in terms of length. I checked both the Section 3 & the NYSPHSAA sites but could not find the answer.

Dunno - ours never went more than 3 hours at a time, but we weren't very good

I graduated two years ago, we went 8-3 with an hour lunch break from 11-12.

What ever they are, dont expect them to make any sense. They are written by NYS and 7yr olds playing pop warner start about a month earlier. No wonder our high school football is abysmal.

about the only rule is that they cant be excessive.. not a real set guideline to me.. modified has a 2hr limit.. I think and 8-3 practice would seem to excessive.. I know that bball was practicing for 3+ hrs and the section heads told me that it was pushing the limits and i would think football is worse.

im not sure i even understand the reasoning behind limiting the days but allowing two-a-days is considered ok..

fball people want more. non fball people think its too much.

in terms of length. I checked both the Section 3 & the NYSPHSAA sites but could not find the answer.
Are you in practice or tryouts? My son had 6 hours of tryouts yesterday (2 sessions) for soccer.

We think athletes work hard. Just found out that the marching band that one of my secretary trains had 3-a-days last week for three days, and two-a-days for the other two days. And they were not allowed to leave the school grounds on the breaks.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Down here in Texas, schools had their first intrasquad scrimmage on their second day of "official" practice. Some had it as early as 7am. I say "official" because that's what the UIL recognizes the start date. Now, when schools recognize the start of practice may be entirely different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom