What are we ranked next week? | Syracusefan.com

What are we ranked next week?

seriously... as crazy as it sounds. For the 1st time since probably the Miami trouncing of 2001, we are only 60 game minutes away from being in the top 10.

I'll take that.

seriously... as crazy as it sounds. For the 1st time since probably the Miami trouncing of 2001, we are only 60 game minutes away from being in the top 10.

I'll take that.

If we pulled off the biggest upset of the century and then Dungey got back healthy and beat USF, UVA and Pitt to get to 7-0. Then we would maybe be top 10.

I'll take that.

If we shock the world we'd probably jump to 17-20 ish range. This isn't the number one ranked team although many consider it the best. I bet if we played them to a one score type loss we would get a few coaches votes. Not sure how BC got one this week but something tells me FSU threw them a bone. I would expect the same if we put up a major fight.

Beating LSU is about as likely as Lasalle beating us in game #1 of the hoops season, but it COULD happen.

We hung reasonably tough with the #1 team at home last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if we could do the same with #8.

LSU is definitely good and the season is very young, but they likely aren't the best team we've played in 5 years.

My initial though was #19 with a win. If we won by 10+ we could sneak up to #15 probably.

Beating LSU is about as likely as Lasalle beating us in game #1 of the hoops season, but it COULD happen.

We hung reasonably tough with the #1 team at home last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if we could do the same with #8.

LSU is definitely good and the season is very young, but they likely aren't the best team we've played in 5 years.

Especially since we open with Lehigh, ;)

http://www.cuse.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbasket

we played FSU the year they won the title less than 2 years ago. That was 1 of the best college teams of the last 15 years. This LSU team is currently ranked 8th for this year. There is no comparison yet. Not even close.

Maybe we'll be in Blow-out Bowl IV! :cool:

Or maybe LSU will. :(

Not saying we have no chance against LSU but we all know it's a long shot. Realistically I think we have a pretty good shot at going 6-1 with Dungey at the QB. We will have basically everyone back vs USF. Also, Florida State is not as strong as years past, obviously Florida State will be the heavy favorite but I think that game will be ALOT closer than people are expecting.

Not saying we have no chance against LSU but we all know it's a long shot. Realistically I think we have a pretty good shot at going 6-1 with Dungey at the QB. We will have basically everyone back vs USF. Also, Florida State is not as strong as years past, obviously Florida State will be the heavy favorite but I think that game will be ALOT closer than people are expecting.

it's not unreasonable to think we will be playing 3 top 10 teams in the next 8 weeks. I think they will all be titantic challenges especially the FSU one on the road. This one to me feels like the one that we could really dent LSU b/c everyone under the sun is assuming we'll get waxed. I think 35-14 is the score. I just don't get the impression that this LSU team is Oregon esque putting up 50 on us.

we played FSU the year they won the title less than 2 years ago. That was 1 of the best college teams of the last 15 years. This LSU team is currently ranked 8th for this year. There is no comparison yet. Not even close.
the 2013 FSU team is no where near one of the best teams of the last 15 years

I just don't get the impression that this LSU team is Oregon esque putting up 50 on us.
Les Miles will not run up the score, that's for sure. He likes to get a lead, then shut it down and control the clock.

He famously made Zack Mettenberger take a mercy knee against Ole Miss with 5 minutes left to go in the game, because he was pissed off at him changing the play, and almost scoring when he wanted to run the clock down

If we pulled off the biggest upset of the century and then Dungey got back healthy and beat USF, UVA and Pitt to get to 7-0. Then we would maybe be top 10.
you guys are crazy..the lack of respect for Syracuse athletics across the board is amazing.. we could beat LSU and get to say 8-0..the talking heads would say its a down year for LSU and make light of it.

Win and we probably get to 21st or 22nd, we aren't even receiving votes now.

you guys are crazy..the lack of respect for Syracuse athletics across the board is amazing.. we could beat LSU and get to say 8-0..the talking heads would say its a down year for LSU and make light of it.

I said "maybe" top 10 after 7-0. Don't think thats too much of a stretch. Especially in a year where we won't see a ton of undefeated teams.

#20 after we shock the college football world on Saturday !!!!! I can't wait for this work week to end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom