What Are You? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Are You?

When I first got married my wife would do an orange only load when doing the laundry. The first letter my 3 year old learned was an 'S' because it's on all my clothes.

I probably wear more SU stuff now that I live away from CNY than I did when I was there. I feel the need to over compensate, living amongst the fans of the watered down creamsicle orange.

Been stocking up over the past 6 months (somewhere around 30 t-shirts) in preparation for our move to the Philippines. Afraid I won’t be able to get them as easily over there.

Number of Orange colored shirts in closet/dresser:

0 you are a Yukon Fan
1-2 New fan or extreme minimalist
3-4 Nice collection size
5-6 Wife/GF or Mom is starting to wonder
7-8 Ok you need a new hobby
9-10 Friends talking about you behind your back
11+ Oh hey? What's your handle at Syracusefan.com?

no idea except well over 11

I finally counted up my Orange colored shirts
6 Plain orange shirts
4 Syracuse logo marked shirts

I try not to overstate my inner fanboy. If I wear a Cuse hat I might coordinate with a plain orange shirt or visa versa (or even a non orange color). I avoid the total Cuse look (socks, shorts, shirt and hat look). I also have never worn jerseys with a player's name.

I try to be a minimalist (not well at it, mind you) so quite a few of my Orange and Block S type shirts go to Goodwill after a couple years.

I have a combined few Syracuse marked shirts in grey or dark blue too.

Last edited:
jason hart era #5 jersey
2010 warmup shirt

I have at least 30 orange Syracuse shirts; and another 10 grey or blue. They're not all in regular rotation any more. Cutting that down would be 15 total shirts.

I have at least 30 orange Syracuse shirts; and another 10 grey or blue. They're not all in regular rotation any more. Cutting that down would be 15 total shirts.
Time for someone to clean out his closet. :p

I expect to purge a few next month and send off to Goodwill

How many of our more recent grads still have the following SU t's????
1) Block Party shirts
2) University Union
3) Say yes to Education
4) Manny's freebies

Time for someone to clean out his closet. :p

I expect to purge a few next month and send off to Goodwill

I just ordered a new dresser - so yeah, there's going to be a purge. But it's hard to let go! And some of the older ones are great for working out in.

An irrational pet peeve of mine is when people wear non-orange SU apparel at away games, as to visually minimize our fan presence.
that is bad, i agree.

but its likely also the same marooons who are wearing gray and blue Cuse gear at the Dome.

dont get that.

even if you hate the color but support the team, wear Fluckin Orange to the Dome.

An irrational pet peeve of mine is when people wear non-orange SU apparel at away games, as to visually minimize our fan presence.
I agree...you need either an orange shirt or baseball hat at minimum. If it is colder: I have Orange colored pullovers and a water proof slicker that get used.

I’ve never worn a team-related piece of apparel to a sporting event. Not even a baseball cap (of any sort) to a baseball game. Definitely not a jersey. The odds of me getting called in are very slim.

In fact, I do remember being conscious not to wear a polo shirt to a polo match.

I do recall making a small effort to wear blue to a RedSox game, but I wear blue 90% of the time anyway, so that was close to ‘incidental.’

I’ve never worn a team-related piece of apparel to a sporting event. Not even a baseball cap (of any sort) to a baseball game. Definitely not a jersey. The odds of me getting called in are very slim.

In fact, I do remember being conscious not to wear a polo shirt to a polo match.

I do recall making a small effort to wear blue to a RedSox game, but I wear blue 90% of the time anyway, so that was close to ‘incidental.’
whatever makes you the most comfortable President Truman.

in the Dome, a fedora may get your head quite hot.

tenor.gif

Way over 11, including several 2003 NCAA champions shirts and a 1987 Final Four t shirt