What coaches are really feasible? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What coaches are really feasible?

I work about a block from Northwestern. I ride my bike around that building 3x's a week. From the outside, they did a fantastic job with it. Completely fits with the campus on the front side, and with the lakefront on the back. From a distance the backside looks like a ship easing through the water and when you are up close the glass paneling blends with the lake and skyline so you don't even notice how big it is.
I've been riding my bike up there for about 10-more years than that building has been there, and honestly unless you consciously remind yourself it's there, you never realize how large it is.
There are two small things I don't like about it. 1) they replaced the beachfront prairie grass with sod. 2) All of the kids who used to practice their music outside the old building have now moved inside. My life is a lot less full now that I am not getting serenaded with "wa-wa" trombones every time I go by.

Nice! Haha. I bet in the summer there is still some practicing outside. I saw a little sandy area/beach behind the school. But, yes, to your point one doesn't notice how massive that building is. That lobby is huge as evidence by the girlfriend being dwarfed in that pic. Have you eaten at Edzo's? That burger and lobster fries is GOOD! My buddy lives right on the water off of Sheridan in Rogers Park.

Nice! Haha. I bet in the summer there is still some practicing outside. I saw a little sandy area/beach behind the school. But, yes, to your point one doesn't notice how massive that building is. That lobby is huge as evidence by the girlfriend being dwarfed in that pic. Have you eaten at Edzo's? That burger and lobster fries is GOOD! My buddy lives right on the water off of Sheridan in Rogers Park.
Edzo's is great. Do you do the griddled or the char burger? I like the char burger, but to me there is something decadent about the griddle burger. So I usually go with that.
Where about in RP does your buddy live? I ask because I live about a block west of Sheridan in between Devon and Pratt. There is a burger place about a block south of me on Sheridan called "BopNGrill". They do a fusion of Korean and Burgers. They are all great. The Kimchi burger on a pretzel roll is my favorite.

Just to be clear since I don't spend much time over here, this is a thread about what coach we might want to have 5 or so years from now?

Edzo's is great. Do you do the griddled or the char burger? I like the char burger, but to me there is something decadent about the griddle burger. So I usually go with that.
Where about in RP does your buddy live? I ask because I live about a block west of Sheridan in between Devon and Pratt. There is a burger place about a block south of me on Sheridan called "BopNGrill". They do a fusion of Korean and Burgers. They are all great. The Kimchi burger on a pretzel roll is my favorite.

Char! I've been to Bop 'n Grill! Good indeed. I love Korean food/kimchi so it's a win-win. He lives on Sherwin between the lake and Sheridan. Beautiful old building. About a 5 minute walk to the Jarvis Red Line stop. I love that part of town. Close to some of my favorite spots like the Vietnamese stuff on Argyle, Hopleaf, Green Mill, etc. Good Ethiopian food around RP too.

terrible thread. this is like looking around for a future wife in anticipation that the woman you are engaged to won't work out. it's classless.

Mike Hopkins is our next coach and deserves our full support. it is clear that he does not have it from many.

Would Andy Enfield coach in a cold environment? He was born almost 300 miles directly south of Syracuse in Pennsylvania. So maybe that is promising.
This would be my dream pick!!! he can bring Hart and Bland with him for good measure.

This would be my dream pick!!! he can bring Hart and Bland with him for good measure.
terrible thread. this is like looking around for a future wife in anticipation that the woman you are engaged to won't work out. it's classless.

Mike Hopkins is our next coach and deserves our full support. it is clear that he does not have it from many.
Boy you seem very sensitive. Sorry I upset you. Was merely as innocent topic for discussion. Class? Lol ok I'm ll try harder. Ha Ha

He's terrific. Fun brand of basketball. Nice win against UCLA last night. Chimezie Metu is a beast and impacts the game so much on both sides. True Soph. He's what Robey was supposed to be. If Sidibe can come in and by his soph season be anything close to like Metu then we will be in for a treat.

I think someone like Billy Donovan would be the best/biggest catch we would get. New York guy, would want to get back into college, etc. Would be plausible.

After that I think we'd be looking at guys like Buzz Williams, etc. Successful coaches but not big names like a Jay Wright. If the day comes, I think we would be underwhelmed at the coaches that would actually leave their school to come here. So, for now, in Hopkins we trust.

Can we poach another HC in conference? Seems like that's probably frowned upon.

Just to be clear, I am talking about Buzz.

Boy you seem very sensitive. Sorry I upset you. Was merely as innocent topic for discussion. Class? Lol ok I'm ll try harder. Ha Ha

It's hardy an innocent topic for discussion. It assumes that Hop fails or doesn't get the job as promised and invites all sort of crazy speculation about who SU might be able to get to take the job.

It's in the category of "Just stirring up shxt".

We all know what you are doing. So don't tinkle in our ears and try to tell us its raining.

It's a message board, Mike Hopkins isn't family, and you didn't have to read the thread.

It's hardy an innocent topic for discussion. It assumes that Hop fails or doesn't get the job as promised and invites all sort of crazy speculation about who SU might be able to get to take the job.

We all know what you are doing. So don't tinkle in our ears and try to tell us its raining.

All right guys. The Boeheim Police is here. Better shut it down.

Reaches: Fred Hoiberg, Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Billy Donovan
Realistic: Buzz, Chris Holtmann, Chris Mack, Archie Miller, Wojo (gag)

Not sure if Buzz is realistic.

What is it I' m trying to do? I'm a long time fan. My I said Hop deserves 3-4 years to do his thing. You're being a little unfair

All right guys. The Boeheim Police is here. Better shut it down.
Thank you for having my back. My intentions are not negative but merely in the best interest of our program

It's a message board, Mike Hopkins isn't family, and you didn't have to read the thread.
nor did you have to read & react to my response. but, as you said, it's a message board and therefore our right to read & react as we please.

nor did you have to read & react to my response. but, as you said, it's a message board and therefore our right to read & react as we please.
Wow you are wound tight. Just ignore

I think the one thing this thread does highlight is how I think Hop is our best option. I mean when we get to realistic hires and we are talking about Collins being the best guy really and maybe Archie Miller I think that shows we should take Hop even if there was some sort of national search. He is a better recruiter than both of them in my opinion and I think is just as capable while also understanding our culture. Regarding Collins I think he stays and NW until he gets Duke. Whether they hire him straight away or give the job to Capel for 2 years and then fire Capel I think he ends up there. He played there and was an assistant there and he would leave anywhere to go to Duke.

Total respect for Boeheim but days are numbered. hop absolutely deserves 3-4 years to implement his program. But as we have occasional discussions about other ideal coaches to consider, which are really feasible? No way Wright, a philly guy, is ever going anywhere other than maybe NBA someday. Why would Bennett leave? Smart. I don't know. Who are real candidates that could springboard us into a new era?

Our Coach in Waiting.

I at first thought the thread was a little questionable, too, and I see how some are thinking its over the top. But, I think it gives people a chance to suggest styles that Hopkins can emulate, a chance to show where we want to go. I think we all like to chip in on coaches that would be acceptable, only because there are some we don't individually find acceptable. Its hard with Hopkins, because we don't really know his style. I guess I'd like to think of it as a question of what we'd like our next coach to be like, or what we'd like Hopkins to be like, if he's not like Jim Boeheim.

I think it was actually, in a way, a thread about who we don't want as coach, because anyone not mentioned, may not be wanted. Since we've only had one coach, we're all afraid of change.