What did we do | Syracusefan.com

What did we do

Our admins failed to deliver on promises made to our Alum HC and the football gods didn't like that.

The soul of the football program was sold to the devil for the 2003 National Championship. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

im beginning to think this is true, especially give the Arinze and Fab issues those two years.

Krautman hits the post JUST as the PBP guy finishes saying he's hit 66 PATs in a row. You can't tell me there isn't some supreme being working against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

The soul of the football program was sold to the devil for the 2003 National Championship. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bingo. Would you do it again? I probably would.

Maybe the Gods think we should have stuck with Coach P as well.

Maybe the Gods think we should have stuck with Coach P as well.

The Gods loved Coach P. and he had to name his son Dante as part of the deal.

To make God so angry with our football program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

The slow and steady decline goes back to the day McNabb walked across the stage and took his diploma. Never had another QB waiting to take over. In over 10 years the best we have had is Nassib and once again we had no plan for when he left. SU put all its eggs in the Mike Vick basket...that failed, he spurned us. Then SU put all its eggs in the Zach Allen basket...that failed the same friggin way!

It's all about the QB position. If you don't have a good one your football program will stink!

Well, we didn't schedule cupcakes at the start of the season.

Which is a mistake. SU should be scheduling cupcakes every year until we have "turned the corner" and returned to some sort of respectability. Nobody gives out extra credit for playing tough good teams early in the year. Wanna play 1 tough team ok,. fine you should. To schedule like we do is short-sided. I got no problem playing the likes of Norfolk St, Toledo, and Tulane to open up every year! Not exciting for fans, but for the long-term health of the program its the best thing to do.

Which is a mistake. SU should be scheduling cupcakes every year until we have "turned the corner" and returned to some sort of respectability. Nobody gives out extra credit for playing tough good teams early in the year. Wanna play 1 tough team ok,. fine you should. To schedule like we do is short-sided. I got no problem playing the likes of Norfolk St, Toledo, and Tulane to open up every year! Not exciting for fans, but for the long-term health of the program its the best thing to do.

And that;s the kicker Stern...how many people are going to come out and see and 0-2 Orange play next week? The casual fan will stay home watch Johnny football vs Bama, others will say they still suck and we'll end up with 35K sitting in the stands with their arms folded just waiting for something to go wrong while it's quieter than a golf match because god forbid the crowd be loud and pump up and support these kids.

I know basketball is different but there is a reason JAB's winning percentage is 75%. Maybe Boeheim should be doing the football schedule also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

And that;s the kicker Stern...how many people are going to come out and see and 0-2 Orange play next week?

Not many!! BUT if SU was 2-0 (doesn't matter how they got there even if it was playing garbage teams) and playing vs a DIV IAA school this Saturday with the chance to go 3-0 to start the year I bet the Dome would look better and be more filled with fans than it will be next week when SU is 0-2 and the "casual fan" is just saying to themselves..."Same ole SU football" I ain't going up there to watch that.

People want to support winners, nobody cares who ya beat especially in September football!

I really think we hit PSU at the right time but didn't take advantage and hit NW at the absolute wrong time. I look forward to seeing a half full dome when the kids come charging out of the tunnel as I'm sure people will still be tailgating or just showing up when they come on the field.

20k actual people in the stands next Saturday unless SU hands out freebies all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom