What Do We Do? | Syracusefan.com

What Do We Do?

orange2win

2nd String
If Richardson and Lydon decide to go pro - unlikely, but still a possibility - we will be down to a six man team next year (excluding walk-ons). I don't think we can compete in the ACC with only six players. Do we then go fishing for transfers?

what if Robe and DC jump to Eurpoe for guaranteed cash?

4 MAN ROTATION!!!

ChickenLittle.png

If Richardson and Lydon decide to go pro - unlikely, but still a possibility - we will be down to a six man team next year (excluding walk-ons). I don't think we can compete in the ACC with only six players. Do we then go fishing for transfers?

Well, some other poster made a really great comment about Lydon and Richardson. Would you rather have a final four appearance in 2016 and have two freshmen leave for the NBA, or, not make the NCAA tournament at all. I think making the final four is a HUGE accomplishment for Orange basketball. I would love them to stay. But if they both leave I just do not feel like I can complain.

TE leaving really bothered for me even though everyone argued my feelings are irrelevant. But man, that one bothered me. TL and MR leaving does not because they accomplished something very meaningful for Orange basketball.

In terms of next year we will have okay line-ups:

PG - Howard, (10 mins of Autry maybe)
SG - Battle
SF - Moyer
PF - Roberson, (Adeyeye if we have foul trouble)
C - Coleman, Chukwu

I imagine with 3 open spots for 2016-17 we could get a transfer or two and maybe another commitment.

i think JB is going to step down and Hop will realize hes a full time assistant and go work for K.

Babers will coach the hoop team too.

dungey at the point.

we will win every game 156-155

Well, some other poster made a really great comment about Lydon and Richardson. Would you rather have a final four appearance in 2016 and have two freshmen leave for the NBA, or, not make the NCAA tournament at all. I think making the final four is a HUGE accomplishment for Orange basketball. I would love them to stay. But if they both leave I just do not feel like I can complain.

TE leaving really bothered for me even though everyone argued my feelings are irrelevant. But man, that one bothered me. TL and MR leaving does not because they accomplished something very meaningful for Orange basketball.

In terms of next year we will have okay line-ups:

PG - Howard, (10 mins of Autry maybe)
SG - Battle
SF - Moyer
PF - Roberson, (Adeyeye if we have foul trouble)
C - Coleman, Chukwu

I imagine with 3 open spots for 2016-17 we could get a transfer or two and maybe another commitment.
There has to be a plan in place...I doubt JB would just let the two of them (Kalab and Chino) walk away without anything up his sleeve. All this was coming since the sanctions came down. I cant see him letting 4 guys leave in the past two years.

There has to be a plan in place...I doubt JB would just let the two of them (Kalab and Chino) walk away without anything up his sleeve.

That's right. Plan now clear.

JB has decided to play a walk-on this year. This walk-on will later hop over Mike and become our new coach. He will thus become the reincarnation of JB. Brilliant.

college-basketball-ncaa-playoffs-syracuse-jim-boeheim-in-action-vs-picture-id81373739

That's right. Plan now clear.

JB has decided to play a walk-on this year. This walk-on will later hop over Mike and become our new coach. He will thus become the reincarnation of JB. Brilliant.

Two walk-ons could easily serve in the role of our two transfers. I don't want to bash Kaleb and Chino, who both seem like quality, high-character young men, but it's not like they produced much on the basketball court while at SU. I know Chino was hurt by the NCAA magically taking away a year of eligibility and Kaleb was hurt by being forced into the starting lineup when he clearly wasn't ready, but both were underwhelming during their time on the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom