What happened to Eli? | Syracusefan.com

What happened to Eli?

DeGrozz

All American
You knew there'd be a few awful games a year and some boneheaded plays, but overall you could expect him to be a QB that kept the G-Men in the playoff picture, year-in, year-out.

Now he looks lost out there.

His accuracy is off, his timing is off, and his decision making is terrible -- even when he has decent protection. It almost makes me wonder if he is hiding an injury.

His picks today: one was wrestled away from Cruz on a great play, one was a deflection off a helmet as he was being tackled and hit in the helmet, and one was on a play nicks gave up on.

But, he still throws off the back foot way to much. I don't know if he is injured, just think he is trying to do too much with no running game and no line play.

You knew there'd be a few awful games a year and some boneheaded plays, but overall you could expect him to be a QB that kept the G-Men in the playoff picture, year-in, year-out.

His accuracy is off, his timing is off, and his decision making is terrible -- even when he has decent protection. It almost makes me wonder if he is hiding an injury.
I've never seen him so rattled. Those two calls by the refs were terrible and it seemed to shake him and Coughlin up. No poise at all. Except for that one small stretch to take the lead, everything else seemed very forced and very rushed.

Their passing game reminds me of when we used to play in the streets. We would call a play (run down to the red car and then cut left) and then we would throw it as far as we could. The Giants slant play across the middle was working all day but they barely went to it.

At 0-5, it's time to give the rookie some run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 0-5, it's time to give the rookie some run.
That's hard to do because you can come back from two touchdowns pretty quick (a score and a onside kick recovery) and there is no way that Coughlin is going to sit Eli in that situation.

I have to imagine something is wrong with Eli on the side. Maybe personally? I've never seen him play THAT bad.

Maybe he and Phil Rivers switched back to their real selves this year.

The Giants are 0-5, but i see no reason to bench Eli. Eli isn't old; he's going to be here for a long time. Maybe at the end of the year, they give Nassib a game or something, if nothing else, to try and get his trade value up.

This isn't to let him off the hook fully, but the OL is one of the worst, maybe ever.

We are so injured throughout our roster, but the OL has guys playing that have no business being on anything other than a practice squad.

This isn't to let him off the hook fully, but the OL is one of the worst, maybe ever.

We are so injured throughout our roster, but the OL has guys playing that have no business being on anything other than a practice squad.

Educate me...I like the NFL, but I don't really have a favorite team and I only casually follow the Giants.

The offensive line...I know the guy that Pugh is replacing was injured, but what is the reason they are worse than last year? Guys left, retired, injuries, age?

Educate me...I like the NFL, but I don't really have a favorite team and I only casually follow the Giants.

The offensive line...I know the guy that Pugh is replacing was injured, but what is the reason they are worse than last year? Guys left, retired, injuries, age?

A lot of injuries (Snee and Baas, plus Diehl had surgery at the end of August), Pugh having to get put into the line earlier than expected and guys like Beatty and Cordle playing way more than they should be.

It's actually not just the OL. Grantland just did a piece on this, but the Giants, since 2007, have been hit by a TON of injuries to the guys they have drafted. We lost Andre Brown which was killer and David Wilson still hasn't put it together plus he is injured now too at RB.

It's put a lot of pressure on Eli. Eli has never been the most accurate passer, but between the passes that the WRs aren't bringing in, the OL being shaky at best and a running game that is incredibly suspect, he's in a real crappy situation.

Again, that's not to let him off the hook. He has thrown some bad balls. But we are in a tough situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom