What have we become? | Syracusefan.com

What have we become?

Nicknack

All Conference
What has become of us fans? Now anytime a team loses, (we) fans revel in their misery by posting pictures of their disappointment and/or pictures of Jordan's head on them. Now don't get me wrong, I am no saint whatsoever. In fact, I am part of the problem as evidenced by several posts I made mocking Virginia. It used to be about mocking only those who really had it coming, like Perrantes and his smelly hand, Coach K and his end of the game antics, Gtown (yes, they still suck), UConn (anytime they lose), etc. Now (we) fans do it after a team loses just because... just because they lost, no other reason.

I started thinking more about this after we lost to UNC. Towards the end of the game I was actually hoping that none of our players or fans would be caught being really upset because that's all an opposing fan needs in order to mock us by dropping a Jordan head or something. It really sucks that it's come to that... people enjoying another person's disappointment and pain.

So... from here on out I promise not to post anything like this (see below) again. You all can do what you want.

lebron-sad-face.jpg

Or...

young-kentucky-fan-crying-title-game-loss.png

Or this...

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CRYING-UNC.gif

And finally, not even this...

All I know is I will forever enjoy those tears from that crying Dayton fan from the first round.

I was rooting for UNC but now I'm kind of glad karma kicked their fans in their collective d/ck.

This isn't any kind of change from how things used to be. There's just the internet now. Fans were no nicer, probably meaner, back in the day than now.

Are either of these OK? They're my 2 favorite ever. And each provides its own moral lesson.

duke-kid-crying.jpg

272d47322dc4f2e3ad9ca810282beefd.jpg

I try to ignore most of the fan bashing on other teams other stuff that goes on on these boards. I just want to be a fan of SU and even though I dislike Duke and NC, the players seem to be good people. Even Coach K's issue I kind of blow off to the heat of the moment. there's someone on here with a picture of JB with this finger in his nose, it really bugs me. If you live in CNY you know about sinus issues and why do that? It just makes the whole place look bad IMO. But what ever, I can only control myself and I want to treat people with respect in my old age. Vs what I used to be like. I hate the chatroom most days for that reason, any bad thing that happens ends up being over the board negative and I want to stay positive during the games. Same with the over the top criticism f players like Cooney. Seems to me he was one of the hardest working players we have had, and he did more that just shoot threes. He wasn;t great btu I do't but if he saw the love from he fans instead of the criticism maybe it would have helped. Rambling...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom