What is he wearing | Syracusefan.com

What is he wearing

That was pretty ostentatious. They played great though. I was intrigued to hear this whole "moneyball" type scenario. Didn't know about that before.

Drinks on the Lido deck post game!
What are you referring to? Perhaps Coach Q's attire? It's daring for a man, but he can pull it off IMO. It's more fashion conscious than a regular suit and tie, JB's old plaid jackets or Louie C's myriad sweaters.

That was pretty ostentatious. They played great though. I was intrigued to hear this whole "moneyball" type scenario. Didn't know about that before.
Moneyball? What are you referring to?

Moneyball? What are you referring to?

I admit I don't follow the women's team so maybe this is all wrong. The announcers were talking about how Q has been convinced by his staff member who is also the author of some sort of text on analytics to adopt a completely novel approach to the game based on basically maximizing the number of shots taken at essentially the cost of anything else. It certainly looks like it works since SU won the de facto national title tonight (since beating UConn is foolishly impossible, it is like two divisions, with Yuke getting the natty in one and the other team in the final getting the other title)

I admit I don't follow the women's team so maybe this is all wrong. The announcers were talking about how Q has been convinced by his staff member who is also the author of some sort of text on analytics to adopt a completely novel approach to the game based on basically maximizing the number of shots taken at essentially the cost of anything else. It certainly looks like it works since SU won the de facto national title tonight (since beating UConn is foolishly impossible, it is like two divisions, with Yuke getting the natty in one and the other team in the final getting the other title)
I did hear that. Didn't get the moneyball reference as meaning that. I've heard the term for baseball but am not familiar with it, despite the movie (?)

Cheriehoop made a post about it on the women's FF thread which said it is not an entirely new system. You should read her post for more details.

I did hear that. Didn't get the moneyball reference as meaning that. I've heard the term for baseball but am not familiar with it, despite the movie (?)

Cheriehoop made a post about it on the women's FF thread which said it is not an entirely new system. You should read her post for more details.

I used the term in reference to the movie - seems similar: an analytics guy convinces the GM to do something very unorthodox and it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom