What recruits were on hand to see this incredible win? | Syracusefan.com

What recruits were on hand to see this incredible win?

RF2044

Living Legend
I've seen a couple of threads alluding to the fact that several recruits were on campus yesterday.

Any idea who they were?

Would have been nice to have a more filled arena, but if the crowd was as loud as they sounded on TV, I'm sure that they got treated to an exciting time. Especially given the way the game started off with a bang, and us essentially leading wire-to-wire [and responding when VT briefly tied it with a TD drive answering].

Game had to leave a great impression, with the energy in the building and a win over a ranked team.

I've seen a couple of threads alluding to the fact that several recruits were on campus yesterday.

Any idea who they were?

Would have been nice to have a more filled arena, but if the crowd was as loud as they sounded on TV, I'm sure that they got treated to an exciting time. Especially given the way the game started off with a bang, and us essentially leading wire-to-wire [and responding when VT briefly tied it with a TD drive answering].

Game had to leave a great impression, with the energy in the building and a win over a ranked team.

It was really really loud in there, my buddies and I looked around in the 4th Qtr and it seemed that nobody wearing orange was sitting the entire 4th Qty. Whole crowd was standing.

There are two kids wearing lanyards and tags who appeared behind Babers in his post-game interview who looked like recruits. They both had sweats on that said "Mustangs".

It was really really loud in there, my buddies and I looked around in the 4th Qtr and it seemed that nobody wearing orange was sitting the entire 4th Qty. Whole crowd was standing.

I remember looking down at Babers in the fourth quarter when the crowd was very loud and then imagining what it would be like if the place was full.

I remember looking down at Babers in the fourth quarter when the crowd was very loud and then imagining what it would be like if the place was full.
I bet next year will see at least one sell out.

There are two kids wearing lanyards and tags who appeared behind Babers in his post-game interview who looked like recruits. They both had sweats on that said "Mustangs".

Medina, NY Mustangs.

On the radio coming home from he game, they said there was around 25 recruits at the game. No names though.

I don't think it matters that the stands were not filled for the recruits. What matters is the show they saw, and what the opportunities are with this program and with this coach. They saw that we have the coach that is bringing this program back, and that it is something they can be a part of. They will fill the stands. And if by any chance we had them in the locker room during that speech, I would think all 25 committed right at that moment!!! I would have.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 13m13 minutes ago
Syracuse commits visiting this wknd: WR Russell Thompson-Bishop, LB Tyrell Richards, WR Sharod Johnson, QB Tommy DeVito, WR/DB Eric Coley.
Is Coley injured? I didn't notice him on Friday during the F-M game.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 13m13 minutes ago
Syracuse commits visiting this wknd: WR Russell Thompson-Bishop, LB Tyrell Richards, WR Sharod Johnson, QB Tommy DeVito, WR/DB Eric Coley.

That's a good picture to stand them in front of. See? It really does fill up here. Your presence will help.

Also Trey Dawson, a 6'4 200 pound QB from Connecticut. Class of 2019, considered one of the top 10 QBs in that class.

Last edited:
Also Trey Dawson, a 6'4 2100 pound QB from Connecticut. Class of 2019, considered one of the top 10 QBs in that class.

yikes...he may need to lose some weight if he wants to run a high tempo offense. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom