What sport is the fave of college fans in the Northeast and Atlantic Coast..Guess what... | Syracusefan.com

What sport is the fave of college fans in the Northeast and Atlantic Coast..Guess what...

arbitragegls

All Conference
its basketball. Interestingly, the numbers run for a ACC network have as much if not more to do with ACC Basketball...in fact, the number crunchers (source) is that the $$$ for basketball on an ACC network may be huge...okay staggering.
There is no doubt that the ACC Conference adding 'Cuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and belatedly Louisville, will be the premiere basketball conference...lets not forget that the new Big East just signed a contract north of $5,000,000 per team...and the value of ACC basketball is going to be significantly higher...no longer is basketball going to be 20% of the TV deal...and why should it be...multiply the # of games by approximately 3X...and in a geographic footprint that likes basketball as much as football.
Stay tuned...$$$ are going to be large. It is good to be 'Cuse!

its basketball. Interestingly, the numbers run for a ACC network have as much if not more to do with ACC Basketball...in fact, the number crunchers (source) is that the $$$ for basketball on an ACC network may be huge...okay staggering.
There is no doubt that the ACC Conference adding 'Cuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and belatedly Louisville, will be the premiere basketball conference...lets not forget that the new Big East just signed a contract north of $5,000,000 per team...and the value of ACC basketball is going to be significantly higher...no longer is basketball going to be 20% of the TV deal...and why should it be...multiply the # of games by approximately 3X...and in a geographic footprint that likes basketball as much as football.
Stay tuned...$$$ are going to be large. It is good to be 'Cuse!
I mean having Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Notre Dame, NC State, are enough brands where ESPN could have winter programming for ESPN and ESPN Monday thru Thrusday without needing the American Conference, B1G, SEC, and Pac-12, Obviously ESPN will use the other conferences during the winter weeks, but completely stabilizing the ACC and seeing what FOX paid for Big East 3.5 million per school basketball obviously had a factor in the ACC getting paid more by ESPN.

Thus the Rutgers NYC Fallacy...never understood any conference with a network in hand or in planning stages would consider Rutgers over Cuse considering Rutgers football is a 3 month product while Cuse is a 9 month product (Football-Basketball-Lax). Never made any damn sense to me during this whole realignment saga for people to keep harping on football only. I get it is the meat of every deal but you need some side dishes and a lot of these moves were lacking in common sense.

I mean having Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Notre Dame, NC State, are enough brands where ESPN could have winter programming for ESPN and ESPN Monday thru Thrusday without needing the American Conference, B1G, SEC, and Pac-12, Obviously ESPN will use the other conferences during the winter weeks, but completely stabilizing the ACC and seeing what FOX paid for Big East 3.5 million per school basketball obviously had a factor in the ACC getting paid more by ESPN.
Alsacs, do you feel better about the ACC and tv programming than you did a week or so back? I think the news has only been close to great.

Alsacs, do you feel better about the ACC and tv programming than you did a week or so back? I think the news has only been close to great.
The GOR is home run and I don't think anybody outside of Arb thought it could be coming. Our future is safe 100% and the fact ESPN basically said to the conference man up and we will man up is why we are safe. I still think the ACC network will be a difficult, but with the digital platform I think it has potential to grow, but I don't think the ACC network will start on basic cable or satellite providers outside of Virginia and North Carolina and maybe South Carolina. If ESPN leverages both the SEC and ACC networks to providers then it has a better chance. Honestly, with the GOR I could careless about the ACC network as I was only worried about losing Florida State, North Carolina or Virginia from the conference now we don't have to worry and have to assume Swofford has a timetable for the ACC network to satisfy those schools and there should be more news coming out of the ACC soon non-ACC network related.

Thus the Rutgers NYC Fallacy...never understood any conference with a network in hand or in planning stages would consider Rutgers over Cuse considering Rutgers football is a 3 month product while Cuse is a 9 month product (Football-Basketball-Lax). Never made any damn sense to me during this whole realignment saga for people to keep harping on football only. I get it is the meat of every deal but you need some side dishes and a lot of these moves were lacking in common sense.

The RU - UMD grab by the BiG was not all about TV sets. It was a knee-jerk reaction to the ACC locking up Notre Dame and gunning for Penn State. Delany was hoping to destabilize the ACC with UMD while at the same time placating PSU with some local scrubs to beat up on within their sphere of recruiting influence. Unfortunately for Delany, the ACC Armageddon did not happen. The conference got stronger, and is now more enticing to a school like PSU. Built in natural rival s, easy travel. Delany is not a happy camper this week.

The RU - UMD grab by the BiG was not all about TV sets. It was a knee-jerk reaction to the ACC locking up Notre Dame and gunning for Penn State. Delany was hoping to destabilize the ACC with UMD while at the same time placating PSU with some local scrubs to beat up on within their sphere of recruiting influence. Unfortunately for Delany, the ACC Armageddon did not happen. The conference got stronger, and is now more enticing to a school like PSU. Built in natural , easy travel. Delany is not a happy camper this week.
I agree with this which is why I wanted Notre Dame to sign with ESPN, if ND had signed with ESPN/ABC it would have made it possible for the ACC to approach Penn State in the near future to be the 16th team if Notre Dame would be the 15th team and you could build a division around ND, PSU, Pitt, SU, BC, Miami, VPI, Louisville and the Southern division around FSU, UNC, Ga. Tech, Clemson, Wake, Duke, NC State, UVA and that is mother of conferences for the ACC. Now, with NBC owning ND the ACC can't approach Penn State for atleast another decade unless ND has out provision for their NBC contract.

I agree with this which is why I wanted Notre Dame to sign with ESPN, if ND had signed with ESPN/ABC it would have made it possible for the ACC to approach Penn State in the near future to be the 16th team if Notre Dame would be the 15th team and you could build a division around ND, PSU, Pitt, SU, BC, Miami, VPI, Louisville and the Southern division around FSU, UNC, Ga. Tech, Clemson, Wake, Duke, NC State, UVA and that is mother of conferences for the ACC. Now, with NBC owning ND the ACC can't approach Penn State for atleast another decade unless ND has out provision for their NBC contract.

They could still grab PSU and set the stage for full membership by ND. Never say never when ND is involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom