What SU "Experience" would you pay for? | Syracusefan.com

What SU "Experience" would you pay for?

I am wagering that Tee can guess exactly what experience I'd like to have right now!! The board owes an honor to him, but for more than the good guy act!

I've donated a pair of court side seats to several charitable organizations to use in silent auctions... and they are frequently the highest-grossing items at the event. Such experiences are a great way for non-profits to raise money.

Back in 1995 I bought a day at the NY Giants training camp package at a Special Olympics silent auction. I brought my 11 year-old son. The Giants were fantastic and went out of their way to make sure my son had a great time. We ate lunch with the team and pretty much could go anywhere we wanted during practice. (Herschel Walker was with the Giants that year. When we were milling around waiting for the lunch room to open he was standing around holding his t-shirt in his hand - he had the most unreal physique I have ever seen!)

Things I would pay for include:
  1. Football sideline pass.
  2. Football practice session (closed)
  3. Tour of football facilities
  4. Lunch with Shafer | Bullough | Lester (any of them)
I would really love it if they had an X's and O's session for a group of fans. Like a half day mini clinic.

I would pay for a couple of things. One is complete locker room access for a game (pre-game/halftime and postgame). Second is for my son who is 9 to be ball boy for a game.

Pickup game for you and friends on JB Court or touch football on the turf in Sept/Oct. Could be done some weekend morning when the team is on the road, then maybe you host everyone after to watch an SU game. Just make everyone sign liability waivers. I'd re-enact the '87 2-point conversion against WVU.

For us to look like a competent offense at some point this year :)

cto said:
I've donated a pair of court side seats to several charitable organizations to use in silent auctions... and they are frequently the highest-grossing items at the event. Such experiences are a great way for non-profits to raise money.

If you continue to do so for future Orangeyes Opens, I might have to make winning them a yearly tradition. :). Can't wait for the Miami game!

Actually, watching something other than basketball with JB would be a lot of fun and worth a raffle. He's a sports nut who obviously has the mindset of a professional athlete (the best part of the SWC recaps of his show are when JB talks about anything other than basketball). Would love to watch something like moving day at The Masters or a playoff baseball game with him.