What ten games says | Syracusefan.com

What ten games says

Well, not bums, but certainly lesser teams than most others.

hang with top ten teams LSU, FSU, Clemson
Smoked by bums USF and UL
Blew game against peer teams UVa and Pitt

That screams talent is not the issue, coaching has room for improvement

The height of foolishness.

Look at the USF/Temple score at the half. Apparently USF are no bums either.

Why?

Proof is in pudding

It just doesn't make any sense. There are measurable ways to tell that SU doesn't have the same talent/size/skill/ability level players that the top teams in the country have. I mean it is just silly to claim the personnel are equivalent. But you use close losses to two top teams as evidence that the coaches are bad? In 100 ways the argument doesn't work.

Temple must be a really bad team falling behind 31-10 to that Bum USF team.

to me the 10 games says this team is very young in some spots so we seem to play better at home as we have played well in all home games

It just doesn't make any sense. There are measurable ways to tell that SU doesn't have the same talent/size/skill/ability level players that the top teams in the country have. I mean it is just silly to claim the personnel are equivalent. But you use close losses to two top teams as evidence that the coaches are bad? In 100 ways the argument doesn't work.
I don't see anyone claiming the personnel are equivalent. That's absurd.

But there is as much talent in the program as there has been in 15 years. People want to act as if it's 2007 and we're trotting Jake Flaherty and Tim Lane out on the field.

This team has the talent to hang with LSU and Clemson with a 5th string quarterback. We should average more than 3 wins per season over the last two years.

Did you see how small our secondary looked to the Clemson WR's? Every Clemson WR looked like Megatron.

So did their whole friggin' team! Faster too, so how the hell did we play them as close as we did?

Proud of how our guys played! So glad I didn't find time to rake leaves like so many others did.

Show up or shut up!:eat popcorn:

Ten games in says a bunch of fluky things have to happen to make a bowl, we have no offense and we have no defense.

We should be 5-5 and playing for a bowl and a winning season the next 2 weeks. If we won the Pitt and UVA games like we should've, combined with hanging with LSU and Clemson, we'd mostly be feeling pretty good right now.

Instead we're on a 7 game losing streak and playing with nothing on the line the next 2 weeks, and our highlights are hanging with LSU and Clemson...which isn't nearly as satisfying when you have no decent WINS to combine with those almosts.