What today will tell | Syracusefan.com

What today will tell

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
The season is on the line - lose and that's a wrap.

How the team is prepared and how they come out and the effort they give - that will speak volumes.

Winnable game for sure.

Just my opinion, but today may be a benchmark game for AD Coyle.

Edit:
Cuse 20
Ville 17

The season is on the line - lose and that's a wrap.

How the team is prepared and how they come out and the effort they give - that will speak volumes.

Winnable game for sure.

Just my opinion, but today may be a benchmark game for AD Coyle.

Edit:
Cuse 20
Ville 17

I think we have to find a way to 30 points. I just don't see our defense keeping it under 20.

Last edited:
I think we have to find a way to 30 point. I just don't see our defense keeping it under 20.

you may be right... but ville has only scored 30 twice. 45 in a win vs Samford (Samford, not Stanford) and 31 in a loss to Houston.

they did not score 30 in a loss to a bad Auburn team, good Clemson team, bad NC state team, decent D BC team, FSU and Wake.

Huge game for so many reasons, but most of all this team needs to get back that feeling of winning before Clemson comes to town. Get a win today and everyone will feel better...at least for the rest of Saturday.

Gut feeling we go fast on offense. Increased pace.

A winnable game but an away game against a tough defense and an athletic offense.

We are 12 point underdogs.

So, a win would be great.

But I'm not going to go crazy if what is predicted to happen actually happens.

This is in fact a marathon. This team is young and developing.

As Go has observed from the very beginning, the 2015 season is a series of scrimmages that should be viewed as building blocks.

Having said all of that - Lets Go Orange!!! Beat Louisville!

OrangePA said:
A winnable game but an away game against a tough defense and an athletic offense. We are 12 point underdogs. So, a win would be great. But I'm not going to go crazy if what is predicted to happen actually happens. This is in fact a marathon. This team is young and developing. As Go has observed from the very beginning, the 2015 season is a series of scrimmages that should be viewed as building blocks. Having said all of that - Lets Go Orange!!! Beat Louisville!

Yeah - I think we need a win. No moral victories. But I'm not sure I can take another game like last week. We need to see improvement, especially on offense.

A winnable game but an away game against a tough defense and an athletic offense.

As Go has observed from the very beginning, the 2015 season is a series of scrimmages that should be viewed as building blocks.

Scrimmages? Good lord

The 2015 season is a series of 12 tests to determine if Shafer should continue to have the privelege of coaching OUR Syracuse football team.

Scrimmages? Good lord

I agree, ridiculous. A lot of other teams find ways to win with young talent and we have the benefit of a very good QB but we are just playing this year as a practice for 2 - 3 years down the road.

Seriously the bar keeps being lowered as it pertains to Syracuse Football. You play to win the games. This season isn't a series of scrimmages when Dungey is probably a better QB than Hunt.
We can win this game but I don't think we will. I just want to see the staff coach a game with the reckless abandon like they did against LSU.

I'm as hopeful as everyone else, but have you actually watched this team play? We keep hoping, but the odds makers are usually pretty good. I doubt we stay within two touchdowns. We will need at least a couple of non-offensive scores, either by special teams or a defensive touchdown. We might get lucky with their poor offensive line and create a quarterback fumble. Their defensive front is going to give us some problems.

I think every game this season, to date, has been winnable. I'm not saying we should have WON every game, but all were games that we were in a position to potentially win, and several that we can look back and say we SHOULD have won. What would disappoint me most at this stage through the end of the season is a sense of the team giving up. I think we have shown great heart, but execution, sometimes being out-talented, and a few boneheaded plays and finally, some questionable coaching decisions have been our downfall. It takes a lot of things to go right to have a great season, and the opposite is equally true. But this season is not over yet, and we have a lot to learn and, I hope, a lot yet to show. (I agree with the sentiment of seeing us play a more up tempo style of offense. I think it works to our advantage...except maybe against Clemson. But, eh, what the hell! Give it a shot then, too!)

We make blah teams look decent(see USF and UVA). Today will be the same. Hope to hell I am wrong. Coyle is definitely watching, he wants to see this team compete at the very least. If we go in the tank, that will be a bad look.

Haha, just can't take it anymore. 3 and out on the regular. Giving mediocre offenses record setting games. Giving up pass after pass after pass. I've been a Shafer fan but I can't invest my emotions into a team that continues to do the same thing over and over and over. I hope they turn it around but I don't need to spend my weekends pissed because of a game and then hoping for the week to pass by so I can watch another poor performance. I've debated keeping my feelings to myself and I honestly don't know why I'm posting them now. I guess I just need to say it so I actually believe I've reached the limit. Sorry everyone, don't mean to add to the negativity, I really don't. I just believe in playing to win. Not punting down 21 with a quarter left. Not kicking a field goal down 3 Td's. Not running a fake field goal instead of using our offensive players. Ugh, man I'm frustrated. I need to take a break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom