What was it like in the Heyday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What was it like in the Heyday

Some of us are ancient and decrepit. We came to SU with Electric typewriters and stereos. ;)
Just like to add, thanks to all of you for helping me remember the good times from both era's. We should have these type's of discussions more often, we will get back, it will take time.

Honestly? At the time it was incredibly frustrating. We had SOOOO much talent but would inevitably run into an even more loaded Miami (or similar program) and then blow a game against an inferior team. Honestly i think the best "team" we had was prob 1992.
That's how I remember it.

Manual and a turn table; prehistoric
I was about to say that.

The freeze option was a great system. DeLeone could plug and play Donnie Mac, McNabb, Graves, Mason, Philcox, it almost didn't matter who. The offense was killer.

awesome.

High level in three mens teams sports, Football, Hoops, Lax.

From April '87, National Championship game in NO for hoops, 11-0-1 Sugar Bowl vs Jan 1, 1988, #4 in Football, Memorial Day 1988 National Championship in Lax.

I was about to say that.

The freeze option was a great system. DeLeone could plug and play Donnie Mac, McNabb, Graves, Mason, Philcox, it almost didn't matter who. The offense was killer.
I think we may seen that ONCE this year in the LSU game when Mahoney pulled back and hit Bris for 6 but let's not use it anymore the rest of the season.

AZOrange said:
The end started IMO when Mike Vick passed us up. It literally was a back breaker.

Yup we didn't have a backup plan in the works.

orangeinjersey said:
The Dome got stale, Coach P rested on his laurels, the rise of RU and UConn, Mike Vick spurning us for VTech, Grob was the nail. A bad hire really derails a program.

I think this is all out of order but yeah. I think the perception of P on his laurels is a tough one. I have always looked at how many assistants he lost over the years because SU wouldn't match salaries for him to keep these guys. That becomes a huge factor in smooth game play player development and absolutely affects recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom