What was with all the hamstring injuries with Lousiville... | Syracusefan.com

What was with all the hamstring injuries with Lousiville...

McNabb2Brominski said:
bunch of players going down holding their hamstrings...weak hammys, i suppose. Coincidentally, these all happened as we were rolling on offense.

Yeah, either they all weren't real ;) OR we were better conditioned. Or both.

This is one of those things that I think if we see constantly done something ends up happening to penalize the team. Whether it's a TO being taken away, player can't return for the series, etc etc. It's dirty.

This is one of those things that I think if we see constantly done something ends up happening to penalize the team. Whether it's a TO being taken away, player can't return for the series, etc etc. It's dirty.
To me it would make sense that you can have a player go down to stop the game once. Each time after that a timeout should be assessed.

Also, I'm pretty sure one Louisville player faked an injury because his shoe was falling off.

Syracuse players were better conditioned than the Cards. I was real proud of that. Our superior conditioning is going to win us ball games this year.

If Petrino is really concerned about his players' welfare, he should put all of his injured guys in concussion protocol for the rest of the game, or at the very least hold everyone out for 15-20 minutes, just to make sure they all get a thorough check-up.

If you can't get off the field under your own power, you shouldn't go back in the game 3-4 plays later. Better safe than sorry. ;)

Syracuse players were better conditioned than the Cards. I was real proud of that. Our superior conditioning is going to win us ball games this year.

Unfortunately I don't think this is true at all. It was a little crazy that their players didn't seemed to be "conditioned" while we were rolling on offense, EVERY time.

From a UofL fan perspective, I agree with you, it did look suspicious. However, I really think it was because the dome was very humid and hot (I think someone said the heat index with humidity was around 92 degrees.

Plus, the Louisville Defense were not used to the tempo and staying in so many plays. Remember, Louisville normally has time to sub on D, but because there is not enough time, you have Defensive players that may have played 2-3 times as much or spurts longer than they normally do, due to the Syracuse no huddle. So, we are conditioned but not the D-Linemen who are not used to staying in 4 or 8 or 12 plays in a row at a fast speed.

I really don't think Petrino or Grantham would pull something like that. Plus, a couple of the cramps happened when we were up 3 or 4 TDs.

From a UofL fan perspective, I agree with you, it did look suspicious. However, I really think it was because the dome was very humid and hot (I think someone said the heat index with humidity was around 92 degrees.

Plus, the Louisville Defense were not used to the tempo and staying in so many plays. Remember, Louisville normally has time to sub on D, but because there is not enough time, you have Defensive players that may have played 2-3 times as much or spurts longer than they normally do, due to the Syracuse no huddle. So, we are conditioned but not the D-Linemen who are not used to staying in 4 or 8 or 12 plays in a row at a fast speed.

I really don't think Petrino or Grantham would pull something like that. Plus, a couple of the cramps happened when we were up 3 or 4 TDs.
Yes, An upstanding fine gentleman like Petrino with his history of integrity,would never do that.

To me it would make sense that you can have a player go down to stop the game once. Each time after that a timeout should be assessed.

Also, I'm pretty sure one Louisville player faked an injury because his shoe was falling off.

Yup it was his shoe. It was half off and he couldn't get it back on. And they stopped play for an 'injury. '

Yeah when the trainer came out he pulled off the cleat and they then jogged off. Cameras were zoomed in on it. Plain as day.
See, that's what I thought I saw.

They'd hobble back to the sidelines and chill with no trainers around them.

No question they just weren't prepared for the tempo and were doing what they could to slow it. Bush league? Yeah. Will we see it many more times? Yeah. Get used to it.

bunch of players going down holding their hamstrings...weak hammys, i suppose. Coincidentally, these all happened as we were rolling on offense.
Felt like I was watching a men's pro soccer game. It always amazes me how many guys go down rolling in pain only to be up and sprinting around just a couple minutes later like nothing happened. No offense to soccer because my daughter plays. First time I ever remember the crowd booing every time a player went on an injury. In this case I think the majority were on D when the SU O was moving the ball.

If I'm not mistaken, every Louisville cramp occurred once we were not only moving the ball, but inside their 25. I guess that's a hotter and more humid part of the field.

I'd have to re-watch and check to be sure, but don't really want to see it again.

Something has to be done about this. Forget about disrupting the pace, it made the game a nightmare to sit through. The refs should be paying attention when a guy falls to the turf like he's been shot and then he's back in the game two plays later seemingly fine. I don't know the rules well enough to call it a violation but it sure feels like unsportsmanlike conduct to me.

Yes, the last few were probably cramps due to fatigue. But cramps in the 2nd quarter? Come on.

Petrino laid the seeds to the booing with his complaining about pace and chains earlier in the week.

Couple that with the constant delays early in the game (including one guy who was spraying water on his hamstring to help with cramps......) and you have some questioning the tactics of your head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom