What would JB have to do to win Coach of the Year? | Syracusefan.com

What would JB have to do to win Coach of the Year?

slidingdown

Puts syrup on his syrup
Is making it to the Final Four enough? If it was anyone else, I would say yes...getting this far after little preseason expectation, an amazing run through a tourney (playing 6-7 players, 3 of whom are frosh) they weren't even supposed to be in, come-from-behind victories against Gonzaga (impressive) and UVA (almost unparalleled IMHO).

Would beating Carolina be enough? Or would he have to win the Natty?

Or would even that not be sufficient to silence his critics and give him the acclaim he deserves?

I don't think he can win it in a year he was suspended, even if it showcased his value better than ever

Ride Doug Gottlieb like a pony. I mean, to get my vote he'd have to do that.

Those awards are typically regular season awards...

He won every coach of the year award in 2010. So all he has to do is take a team with no expectations and no preseason top 25 votes to a #1 ranking.

Is making it to the Final Four enough? If it was anyone else, I would say yes...getting this far after little preseason expectation, an amazing run through a tourney (playing 6-7 players, 3 of whom are frosh) they weren't even supposed to be in, come-from-behind victories against Gonzaga (impressive) and UVA (almost unparalleled IMHO).

Would beating Carolina be enough? Or would he have to win the Natty?

Or would even that not be sufficient to silence his critics and give him the acclaim he deserves?
Coach Rutgers to a 13 loss season.

I have already awarded him the Dollarbill Coach of the Year. He has yet to acknowledge or accept it, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom