What's Best Team We Ever Played in Dome? | Syracusefan.com

What's Best Team We Ever Played in Dome?

orange2win

2nd String
I say UNC 12/10/83

UNC

Sam Perkins f (#4)
Matt Doherty f (#118)
Brad Daughtery c (#1)
Michael Jordan g (#3)
Kenny Smith g (#6)

SU

Raf Addison f (#39)
Sean Kerins f (#155)
Andre Hawkins c (-)
Pearl Washington g (#13)
Gene Waldron g (-)

We they won by 23 pts.
(Draft pick #)

Marsh01 said:
Houston 83. Not even close

That's a GREAT call. I remember watching in amazement. We played well and still got crushed.

That's a GREAT call. I remember watching in amazement. We played well and still got crushed.

If it's the game from December 1982, we beat Houston 92-87.

We lost to Oklahoma in the 83-84 season. Maybe that's who you're thinking about?

We lost to Oklahoma in the 83-84 season. Maybe that's who you're thinking about?
We beat Houston. The Dream was a Frosh if I remember correctly.

Eh... Yup. Why did I think Houston beat us? Maybe It was the sooners. I was in college then...things were sorta...fuzzy.

Phi Slamma Jama is the best team we ever BEAT in the Dome.
Oklahoma with Waymon Tisdale was a terrific team.
So was the UNC team with Jordan, Perkins & Daugherty.
DePaul with Terry Cummings another powerhouse in '81-'82 season.

Houston 83. Not even close
somewhere, I still have that game on tape. "Syracuse was picked to be the sleeper in the Big east. They're not a sleeper anymore. They're about to upset ranked Houston. " But the best team was UNC. I was at that game. Sonny Spera was actually our best player that night. Hit a half court shot to close the half.

Jake said:

We actually beat them that year somehow. That was the nc state team that beat them in the finals

that michigan team that came to the dome in the late 80's was stacked

Let me rephrase. Houston 1982-1983 season team

UNC won the Dance in 82 and NC State in 83, so I could argue the point. Houston did get to the final in 83 and lost by a deuce, so they were very good. Not by a mile though.:)

UNC won the Dance in 82 and NC State in 83, so I could argue the point. Houston did get to the final in 83 and lost by a deuce, so they were very good. Not by a mile though.:)

Houston was the best college team that season and were absolutely loaded. Not saying that UNC wasnt but go back and watch the NC State 30 for 30 to get an idea of how good that Houston team really was.

Phi Slamma Jama is the best team we ever BEAT in the Dome.
Oklahoma with Waymon Tisdale was a terrific team.
So was the UNC team with Jordan, Perkins & Daugherty.
DePaul with Terry Cummings another powerhouse in '81-'82 season.
What I remember most about the Depaul game was Cummings picking up his 4th foul at the end of the first half. He then proceeded to play the entire 2nd half without picking up his 5th foul. :bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom