What's left? | Syracusefan.com

What's left?

Crusty

Living Legend
For the past several years there has really been significant change in the Syracuse football program.
  1. We made $5+ million facility upgrades.
  2. We have joined a power 5 conference and enhanced our football revenue by some $20 million.
  3. We built an indoor practice facility.
  4. We hired a new AD.
In addition we are about to announce a major done renovation.

The only thing I can think of that we haven't done is increase the staff budget. It seems so obvious to me that I cannot believe that we are not going to come uo with the extra $3+ million per year to complete the restoration of a program as storied and proud as ours.

I will be organizing a torch and pitchfork fundraising sale in the event the BOT flinches on this last piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:
All we have to do is not renew season tickets and they'll get the picture. Although, I get the sense they know exactly what they have to do this time around.

Well said. Until there is a major commitment on the salary front, we cannot expect greatness or even mediocrity.

Look at the P5 teams who are bottom of the barrel when it comes to salary budgets... it paints the picture that there is a direct correlation.

Just not sure how much room Coyle has to open up the checkbook. Syverud needs to be fully on board with this.

Well said. Until there is a major commitment on the salary front, we cannot expect greatness or even mediocrity.

Look at the P5 teams who are bottom of the barrel when it comes to salary budgets... it paints the picture that there is a direct correlation.

Just not sure how much room Coyle has to open up the checkbook. Syverud needs to be fully on board with this.
How many torches and pitchforks will you need?

TGD often spent too much for the coaching staff of some of the olympic sports that he hired, if not all of them, but the results speak for themselves. I hope the BOT keeps that in mind if MC selects someone that they consider too expensive.

Can't see where two smart fellas like them can't figure it out. Plus I can't see how Coyle would accept the position if he knew the $$$ pipeline for upgrading coaching salaries was going to remain constricted. These guys gotta be smarter than us, don't ya think?

A lot of big boys get the boosters to pay coaches salaries, if we want to be one of the big boys it's not all going to fall on Coyle's budget.

Can't see where two smart fellas like them can't figure it out. Plus I can't see how Coyle would accept the position if he knew the $$$ pipeline for upgrading coaching salaries was going to remain constricted. These guys gotta be smarter than us, don't ya think?
Unless that money goes towards his salary

A lot of big boys get the boosters to pay coaches salaries, if we want to be one of the big boys it's not all going to fall on Coyle's budget.

Big boys? We just want to be somewhere closer to below average for p5.. Big boys? Huge difference

Big boys? We just want to be somewhere closer to below average for p5.. Big boys? Huge difference
Why wouldn't we want to build the program towards being a big boy or are you cool with middle of the road?

Why wouldn't we want to build the program towards being a big boy or are you cool with middle of the road?

With regard to coaches salaries I'm fine with middle of the road. I don't think Syracuse football will ever be considered a consistent major player in the grand scheme. I'm hoping top 25 not top 10

With regard to coaches salaries I'm fine with middle of the road. I don't think Syracuse football will ever be considered a consistent major player in the grand scheme. I'm hoping top 25 not top 10
That's fair

At this point, I'm good with a team that is somewhat relevant in November and occasionally cracks the top 25. (8-4 or 9-3)
To me, that's middle of the road.

I dunno, I think you're pretty smart!
Also, some smart people don't have an ounce of common sense (present company excepted if course)!

At this point, I'm good with a team that is somewhat relevant in November and occasionally cracks the top 25. (8-4 or 9-3)
To me, that's middle of the road.
I was thinking more long term

For the past several years there has really been significant change in the Syracuse football program.
  1. We made $5+ million facility upgrades.
  2. We have joined a power 5 conference and enhanced our football revenue by some $20 million.
  3. We built an indoor practice facility.
  4. We hired a new AD.
In addition we are about to announce a major done renovation.

The only thing I can think of that we haven't done is increase the staff budget. It seems so obvious to me that I cannot believe that we are not going to come uo with the extra $3+ million per year to complete the restoration of a program as storied and proud as ours.

I will be organizing a torch and pitchfork fundraising sale in the event the BOT flinches on this last piece of the puzzle.

We need to hire some stout-hearted men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vjqfvZVReM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom