What's so special about FSU and Clemson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's so special about FSU and Clemson?

I feel like the general board consensus is "OK, FSU and Clemson are going to be losses, let's hope to go 6-6 and get to a bowl." Which I understand, but honestly, what is so special about FSU and Clemson? They aren't the Patriots and Packers.

Troy went into Clemson and took them very deep into the 4th quarter. NC State just needed to make a 33 yard field goal to win at Clemson. Are Troy and NC State really that much better than us?

We just beat a team (VT) that destroyed a team (UNC) that beat FSU. I know, transitive property is illogical, but I'm rolling with it. Wake Forest (a team that the board has agreed we would have beat if the weather was good) just went into FSU and only lost 17-6.

Obviously we are going to be double digit underdogs in both games, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that we could compete here, especially against FSU at home.

If SU is close in the 4th quarter at Clemson Swoffords refs will make sure the Tigers get a critical call like they did in last year's game at the Dome. FSU on the other hand I give SU a punchers chance at home. The 'noles might be in quit mode by then.

Which team has recruited 5 ESPN top 300 recruits the last 3 years and which team has had 0 top 300 recruits?
Which team had 4 players drafted in last years draft and which team had 1 which was their punter?
NC state has more talent than we do they just don't have Clemson/Florida state level talent.
We can beat NC state but not Clemson/FSU this year.

Coaching changes and our lack high end talent make it hard to get those recruits right away

I might agree with you Clemson but fsu has been unimpressive in every game I've followed and it's at home

Lol you think me saying we can't beat FSU/Clemson this year means I am off the Dino train?

Um no I am just being a realist. We could lose the rest of the games this year and I would want Dino getting an extension and raise.

Dino deserves time. This year he is severely outgunned and I am being realistic in seeing how superior FSU/Clemson are right now.

"Get on the Dino train for 60% of our remaining games! For the other 40%, you have to walk to your destination."

The FSU one ive been saying is for the taking now that they are out of any playoff/major bowl scenario. It's a front running operation that won't be enthused w dome game

those are fighting words for carpetbagger 'nole

"Get on the Dino train for 60% of our remaining games! For the other 40%, you have to walk to your destination."
Lol if you want to interrupt it that way go ahead. As clearly that isn't what I am saying or close to it.
However whatever.

Clemson will choke. They aren't the best team in the Atlantic.

To the OP:

Clemson and FSU are winnable, neither will be impressed with beating VATech. Both will use the VATech win as motivation to keep their players focused. To be sure, each team has recruited better than Syracuse and has a recent history of winning at the highest levels. Neither team will allow itself to be beat mentally by quick scores, a lead, etc., this game will require that our kids simply go out and beat them the old fashioned way by shutting them down enough to outscore them.

Clemson will be the tougher game to win, if only because we go there. However, the defense is coming into its own and will have a better time staying with assignments. This offense will score, as will Clemson.

FSU is probably the easier of the two to get a win. Again, both teams will score on each other. Our D will improve as will the offense.

I would not be surprised if the Orange play well against both teams and pull off one win.