What's the injury summary after yesterday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the injury summary after yesterday?

Yep erv concussed hopefully mild and passes protocols. Based on his affect coming off think he'll be ok. Black looked like had the dreaded non contact acl injury, I'd venture to guess he's done this year (which as aside opened the door for #57 to get some run, early prediction he's the next great DE here).

Amazing to me Dowels was back in after he got his bell rung and literally collapsed. By virtue of the fact they let him back to the field of play I'm sure he passed the protocols but this is a good example of how disjointed and incomplete and inadequate the concussion assessment issue is. No way in heck he should have been back in after collapsing IMHO.

Heckle can thank his lucky stars they make the OL in this day and age wear those knee braces otherwise he'd been hurt badly. As it was when he was back in he looked sharp and unaffected.

Custis has a separated shoulder (a/c joint). Looked to not be in discomfort on the sideline, no evidence of surgery seen which means no grade 3 injury. If it's grade 1 he's back in 3-4 more weeks, grade 2 add another month. Anyone else I'm missing?

FWIW Black is listed as the back up DT this week

Hoping Black's injury is not an ACL.

If the injury reports are like anything in the past, the season-ending variety are made public via releases through Cuse.com.

The longer we don't hear anything like that, the better I hope.

Hoping Black's injury is not an ACL.

If the injury reports are like anything in the past, the season-ending variety are made public via releases through Cuse.com.

The longer we don't hear anything like that, the better I hope.
I was behind the bench and even though Black walked off the field (with help) his ankle looked pretty crooked.

That would be great if he was ok. Someone said he's been dealing with some other issues in the knee so maybe and hopefully he just tweaked the meniscus which you usually can fight through all season and then off season get it taken care off. That said it didn't look good. Erv is also listed on the two deep as starter so think there's no merit one way or another with those things meaning coaches now use them as tactics to try and keep things close to the vest as possible. As for dowels (as brought up elsewhere) that happened right in front of me and was head to head which I confirmed watching the replay last night. Tough tough kid.

That would be great if he was ok. Someone said he's been dealing with some other issues in the knee so maybe and hopefully he just tweaked the meniscus which you usually can fight through all season and then off season get it taken care off. That said it didn't look good. Erv is also listed on the two deep as starter so think there's no merit one way or another with those things meaning coaches now use them as tactics to try and keep things close to the vest as possible. As for dowels (as brought up elsewhere) that happened right in front of me and was head to head which I confirmed watching the replay last night. Tough tough kid.

Yeah for sure. I say FWIW but I should also mention that means nothing in a non-conference game. Injury report come ACC time I believe needs to finalized by 7, 2 days prior to the game. I hope to see all three play but obviously I'd rather have them healthy(healthier) in the long run.

I was going to mention this. Ruff has been the #2 DT behind Slayton all season so if Black is injured how likely is it he would have jumped Ruff this weekend?

I thought Erv landed on the ball and had the wind taken out of him. When he didn't return, I assumed it was ribs.

The article exclusively discusses J Dowels but it leads with a picture of Irv. Was hoping for good news regarding IP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom