When you give up 3 TO's, 1 KO Return TD, 16 Penalties | Syracusefan.com

When you give up 3 TO's, 1 KO Return TD, 16 Penalties

GoSU96

Living Legend
on the road the usually is a 24 pt loss to a good team, a W.T.F loss to a bad team (see Minny '96).

To overcome all that and win by 8 in the rain is freaking unreal. Shows you 1) just how awful BC is, and 2) just how improved SU is already in 8 games of a radical change.

Just very, very, very, very impressive.

on the road the usually is a 24 pt loss to a good team, a W.T.F loss to a bad team (see Minny '96).

To overcome all that and win by 8 in the rain is freaking unreal. Shows you 1) just how awful BC is, and 2) just how improved SU is already in 8 games of a radical change.

Offense allows a big margin of error

Offense allows a big margin of error

Some of those W.T.F losses had yardage stats like this game and they couldn't overcome that's what makes this so impressive.

well, if we were really, really improved, we wouldn't have 3 to's, 16 penalties. But I get your point.

When you run so many plays you provide alot of opportunity for good things to happen...and bad.
Its math. Running so many plays don't require perfection but simply being consistently good, not great.

Except for Wake Forest, we've been consistently good on offense which cures a lot of ills. The defense has made more big plays than special teams but they both have made significant contributions to our wins. Overall, I'm liking our chances...we can be dynamic and that gives us a chance in every game...

P.S. I'd like to offer a big thank you to the football gods for Dino & Dungey, ET & Ishmael, Philips & Estime, Franklin & Bennett, among others. We have a lot to be thankful for...

Last edited:
One's got NOTHING to do with the other.
Actually they do. If you improved, you don't get 16 penalties. Or 3 t.o.s for that matter. Especially the t.o's we had.

One's got NOTHING to do with the other.

During the post game interview I got the feeling that Dino was suggesting that something BC was doing led to the repeated false starts.

Actually they do. If you improved, you don't get 16 penalties. Or 3 t.o.s for that matter. Especially the t.o's we had.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

During the post game interview I got the feeling that Dino was suggesting that something BC was doing led to the repeated false starts.

What could they possibly be doing to lead to 10 (?) procedure penalties?

Have they discovered something new that couldn't be adjusted to?

I wonder what the D1 record is for total illegal motion penalties in a game is?

I bet we got close to it today.

What could they possibly be doing to lead to 10 (?) procedure penalties?

Have they discovered something new that couldn't be adjusted to?

I wonder what the D1 record is for total illegal motion penalties in a game is?

I bet we got close to it today.

So, so many were when we were looking to the sideline for the play. Will have to re-watch.

So this team hasn't improved?

OK!

:crazy:

So this team hasn't improved?

OK!

:crazy:
I was having a bit of fun. Like when someone says after you survive an accident that you were lucky and you think if I was lucky I wouldn't have got in the accident in the first place. The post was tongue in cheek. I expected someone like Go wouldn't get it, You, I am surprised at.

I was having a bit of fun. Like when someone says after you survive an accident that you were lucky and you think if I was lucky I wouldn't have got in the accident in the first place. The post was tongue in cheek. I expected someone like Go wouldn't get it, You, I am surprised at.

Ummm. OK...

When you run so many plays you provide alot of opportunity for good things to happen...and bad.
Its math. Running so many plays don't require perfection but simply being consistently good, not great.
Funny, that sounds familiar, Melania is that you?

We overcame a lot today, have to clean things up, especially the penalties, especially the mental mistake penalties.

It's so strange, in the best way, to have 1st and Goal at the 20 after 2 penalties and think, "ok, we got this."
I had the exact same notion. Despite all of our mistakes I never felt like we were going to lose this game. I think it's more about how good Cuse looked and not how bad BC is.

The Discipline of our D has improved tremendously compared to a month ago.

So are we not improved, thats the insinutation of your post, and sorry to say, waaaaaaaaaay offbase. But id agree we can play even better.