When you go back thru the ND game | Syracusefan.com

When you go back thru the ND game

upperdeck

Living Legend
and read again what Dino says in the post game. You can see what he says about missed chances.. Not just the dropped TD, kicking game mistakes, but the Phillips simple drop on the first drive of the 2nd half that puts us inside the 30.

Even the unlucky thing of 2 big games in a row we had a late INT with momentum and no time to actually do much with it.

Still trying to figure his comment about the oline mistake that cost them a TD. I think it was the 2nd and ten at the ND 35 where we ended up quick kicking.

All the other drops from Frederick and Tawo and others must be frustrating him. But 4 times inside the 40 that ended up with zero points is just killer.

Still trying to figure his comment about the oline mistake that cost them a TD. I think it was the 2nd and ten at the ND 35 where we ended up quick kicking.

I was curious about this too but haven't rewatched. He said 1 player missed an assignment and we ended up losing 4 yards. He made it seem like it was some unique playcall we worked on all week. Did that 2nd and 10 lead to 3rd and 14(ish). What were we trying to do, was it a sack?

Erv or fredricks catch those balls and its a completely different game (potentially). Thats not even including the blocked pat and missed field goal... the game was much closer then the scores indicates. As far as im concerned we got what we expected and indeed did see some improvement on both sides of the ball. Again watch the game, not looking a purely points..

if thats the play i dont see it. I think it was a bit earlier going back watching the film

3rd and 5 from our own 6. we pass to Estime for loss of 3. this followed the first of several Irish PI calls that went uncalled.

we audibled into a tunnel screen and the RT again missed the block.. this play was perfectly set up though. ND rushed 3. the 2 corners were occupied wide. we had a block one of the LB set to to go and the other MLB was out of the play chasing. we also had a corner wide on Tawo out of the play and Phillips free run on the other safety. really set up well.

sad thing is the LG missed his block and the RT never made a block. ND only has 1 guy left on the field who can begin to make a play..

I also wonder if the expected ND to Blitz and that would have made the play wide open. but as it was 2 simple blocks and its 30-40 yds before ND even has someone who can make the play.

8:50 to go down 10..

Its these types of plays that I think are killing the coaches as its a perfect call , place and time and just horrible execution on the simple stuff.

This team is on the cusp of the break through. No, we are not nearing peak performance/well run machine. However, these kids see what is going on and are just a tiny bit removed from the break through. I still think we can get one upset win this year, and no, Wake will not be an upset, we expect to win this game.