Where is this week's Ellison thread? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where is this week's Ellison thread?

90 tackles, as a non-full time starter.

Ellison was really impressive this year once he got on the field. If he was 5-11, he'd be in the SEC.

Are we going to find out that Ellison was playing injured down the stretch? He made a splash when he earned the starting job but he matadored tackles near the goal line in both of the last two home games and he generally seemed a lot less active in the last three.

90 tackles, as a non-full time starter.

Ellison was really impressive this year once he got on the field. If he was 5-11, he'd be in the SEC.
He doesn't have the speed (not mention size) to play safety in the SEC.

He doesn't have the speed (not mention size) to play safety in the SEC.

Which is why I said, if he was bigger.

Kid is a flat out playmaker, despite the lack of ideal measurables.

Being a good hitter is not the same as being a good coverage guy. We don't have a single SEC talent in the defensive backfield. And that is not taking anything away from Ellison, he had a great year tackling.

Being a good hitter is not the same as being a good coverage guy. We don't have a single SEC talent in the defensive backfield. And that is not taking anything away from Ellison, he had a great year tackling.

Ellison is more than just a good hitter, that sells his capabilities significantly short.

No argument about the coverage; if he excelled there, he would have been a slot corner instead of a safety--a better fit for a player his size.

Agreed and I love his heart. I actually feel that his speed is more of a limiting factor than his size.

I thought his shoulder was done after that huge hit on Saturday. His arm went limp.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear he has to have some type of surgery.

Not sure if this is the week to hail a safety . love his tackling but he is lost on coverage and ultimately a safeties first responsibility is to cover over the top.

Not sure if this is the week to hail a safety . love his tackling but he is lost on coverage and ultimately a safeties first responsibility is to cover over the top.
Exactly.

I might need surgery for patting myself on the back too hard after calling that one.

Something didn't seem right with him in the last three games.