Where would Dion go in this draft? | Syracusefan.com

Where would Dion go in this draft?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Might be a stupid question since he went #4 last year, but where would he be picked had he stayed for his junior season? Would be be ranked higher than McLemore? Top 3? MCW/Dion back court would have been ridiculous.

#1 this draft is so weak the nba wishes they could skip it and double up next year. There are a handfull of good high ceiling players but very very few compared to most seasons. Like the MCW thinks he could go #1 thread, at first I laughed then I looked at the mock draft and was like if the first team needs PG why not.

If he would have progressed even more into his junior year (which I assume he would have), I'd think he would be #2 behind Noel.

It would have been interesting how PT would have been divided up had Dion stayed though. I think JB would have been comfortable with Triche being the main PG, which means MCW probably gets less than 15 minutes per game.

If he would have progressed even more into his junior year (which I assume he would have), I'd think he would be #2 behind Noel.

It would have been interesting how PT would have been divided up had Dion stayed though. I think JB would have been comfortable with Triche being the main PG, which means MCW probably gets less than 15 minutes per game.

I'd say Dion would have played max minutes because we would have needed his ability to create offense. I agree though that he would spend a majority of that time off the ball then recieving and doing his thing. I think Brandon and MCW would have kind of split minutes one playing more than the other depending on the game and performance but by seasons end being pretty close 23ish mon a peice.

Brandon would have still started. MCW wouldn't have had as many minutes. Cooney wouldn't have played after nonconference schedule ended.

#1 this draft is so weak the nba wishes they could skip it and double up next year. There are a handfull of good high ceiling players but very very few compared to most seasons. Like the MCW thinks he could go #1 thread, at first I laughed then I looked at the mock draft and was like if the first team needs PG why not.

Agreed. Anybody think that future NCAA Tourneys and regular seasons will be like this season? No real dominant teams? A very good Louisville team won and a bunch of good to mediocre were lurking right there. Nobody with big NBA potential is staying beyond two years now. So much roster turnover. Maybe it's a cyclical thing but it could be wide open Tourneys for years to come.

Agreed. Anybody think that future NCAA Tourneys and regular seasons will be like this season? No real dominant teams? A very good Louisville team won and a bunch of good to mediocre were lurking right there. Nobody with big NBA potential is staying beyond two years now. So much roster turnover. Maybe it's a cyclical thing but it could be wide open Tourneys for years to come.

This is why the JB retirement conundrum is so interesting. Essentially, we are moving into a phase tailor made for him. In the environment described above, we can bring top shelf recruits, a hall of fame coach, and a very tough defense to bear every single year. Should give us at least a punchers chance to hit a FF in any given year for the next 3 to 4 seasons.

I think that's correct.

#2 behind Noel if Dion made it the whole season without injury. The drafts became more about potential now days.

However, after watching his progression this year I think I can say Dion saw his chance and grabbed it in the draft last year...and I believe he made a good choice.

The man's in ROY talk, he won't win but that's great for him.

#2 behind Noel if Dion made it the whole season without injury. The drafts became more about potential now days.

However, after watching his progression this year I think I can say Dion saw his chance and grabbed it in the draft last year...and I believe he made a good choice.

The man's in ROY talk, he won't win but that's great for him.
It's a shame he got hurt right as he was starting to figure it out, he would been right there with Davis and Lillard for ROY if he played a full season.

It's a shame he got hurt right as he was starting to figure it out, he would been right there with Davis and Lillard for ROY if he played a full season.
I think he'd be the favorite right now imho. However, looking at his performance last night it doesn't look like he's skipped a beat. He's already looking dominant. He needs to improve his all around guard play, but his scoring is just as, if not more, electric as it was in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom