Whew! | Syracusefan.com

Whew!

10 of 19 games have been decided by 1 goal!!! :crazy::confused::eek:.

And we've won 7 of them. Just need one more. :D

As long as we are on the winning end, I would be just as happy with a thrashing of Duke as an exciting ending like today. I know we each have our preferences with that type of thing though.

"Fortune rarely accompanies anyone to the door"

goethe

decision to sub faus in goal second half for laplante. bad move? discuss.

Bad. Doesn't matter if it had any impact on the final score. He made the move and they lost. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

goethe

Coaches don't like to rethink things. The smarter they are, the less they like it.

During a late timeout, they showed an overhead camera shot of the Denver huddle peering right down on the coaches drawing board and providing a clear view of the play he was designing. What followed was a series of longpoles reaching over the huddle to block the view. For people that were there, did you notice that? And was it a camera on a boom with a nearby operator or one on a wire higher up?

It was a neat shot, but it clearly provided a distraction to the team and their ability to prepare for a crucial part of the game. Am I right to be angry even though I was rooting for the other team, or is this so common that teams have a group of backups who's sole job is to provide cover?

[Also, I tried to start a new thread with this post, but got an error message saying I was trying to post a poll with no question. Anyone else have this issue? I'd start a thread with this question on the Help/Suggestions board, but...]

10 of 19 games have been decided by 1 goal!!! :crazy::confused::eek:.

And we've won 7 of them. Just need one more. :D
I kind of wrote this one off but I rolled back into my living room and unpaused my dvr and caught the fun The last Denver possession was tough . I really thought they would crack our defense which they did not despite some questionable hits on their players. Clearly the refs thought otherwise but theDenver coach was getting soo red in the face, I figured here comes a stroke. Oops that was me.:p

During a late timeout, they showed an overhead camera shot of the Denver huddle peering right down on the coaches drawing board and providing a clear view of the play he was designing. What followed was a series of longpoles reaching over the huddle to block the view. For people that were there, did you notice that? And was it a camera on a boom with a nearby operator or one on a wire higher up?

It was a neat shot, but it clearly provided a distraction to the team and their ability to prepare for a crucial part of the game. Am I right to be angry even though I was rooting for the other team, or is this so common that teams have a group of backups who's sole job is to provide cover?

[Also, I tried to start a new thread with this post, but got an error message saying I was trying to post a poll with no question. Anyone else have this issue? I'd start a thread with this question on the Help/Suggestions board, but...]

I saw a shot of the goalie just before a face-off with the camera seemingly right above him. I suspect they had one of those "eye in the sky" cameras that go back and forth on wires and that that was used for the huddle shot. Someone noticed it and the sticks went up.

goethe

Coach put himself in a no-win situation if the Pipneers lost. If Denver loses with LaPlante in goal he'd be faced with "Why didn't you make the goalie change at half-time line you did nearly e ery other time."

Regarding the poll question, enable compatibility view and that should go away.

Regarding the overhead shot, they have a camera hanging on wires that can be positioned pretty much anywhere the director wants, much like at the basketball Final Four...

Regarding the poll question, enable compatibility view and that should go away.

Regarding the overhead shot, they have a camera hanging on wires that can be positioned pretty much anywhere the director wants, much like at the basketball Final Four...
That cable didn't work so well at the big NASCAR race tonight. Sort of like Super Bowl lighting failure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom