Whigham Pass interference call | Syracusefan.com

Whigham Pass interference call

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Is it just me or did the WR pull Whigham into himself and fall over? That's what I saw.

how about the phantom cll where the guy tripped on the turf monster

Is it just me or did the WR pull Whigham into himself and fall over? That's what I saw.

Ridiculous call. Simply incidental contact where their feet intertangled with one another. I'm betting that the refs were all southern boys...

Ridiculous call. Simply incidental contact where their feet intertangled with one another. I'm betting that the refs were all southern boys...

yep...that was a really bad call

SHould've been a no call even if the pass was within 5 yards of the WR... which it wasn't. Shouldve been a double no call but I thought Shaf did well working the refs there and almost got it cleaned up.

SHould've been a no call even if the pass was within 5 yards of the WR... which it wasn't. Shouldve been a double no call but I thought Shaf did well working the refs there and almost got it cleaned up.
I'm pretty sure it was darius kelly that was involved in the play you guys are talking about

I'm pretty sure it was darius kelly that was involved in the play you guys are talking about
yes the play i was talking about was kelly and from where i sat I thought that the reciever just tripped , maybe my eyes are bad

It was Kelly but they called the penalty on Whigham. Refs gave the wrong number.

Yup! The WR pulled on his jersey to cause the contact and tricked the refs.

I thought it looked like

1. Contact initiated by the WR
2. Feet then tangled up
3. An uncatchable pass anyway

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, and the entire penalty is judgement for the most part, but I thought it was an awful call. We've benefitted on some questionable PI calls over the years, so I'm sure it all evens out. But I hate when they call those on young guys who are getting their first experience.

I thought the PI on Whigham was obvious. He never played the ball - he was face guarding.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, I thought the ball was under thrown, would'a been a easy pick if here turned around.

I thought the PI on Whigham was obvious. He never played the ball - he was face guarding.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, I thought the ball was under thrown, would'a been a easy pick if here turned around.

I might be thinking of a different PI call. There was one that was obvious where the head wasn't turned. I remember that now that you say it.

There was a PI call right after the roughing the punter call, that I was referring to. Not sure now if that was on Whigham or not. But I thought that call was garbage. Looked like a well overthrown sideline pass, and looked, at worst, like incidental contact. At best, I thought the WR initiated said incidental contact. Shafer was trying to get the uncatchable pass call, and the refs discussed it, but didn't go with it.

Apparently the one I'm thinking of was on Kelly. At least that's what I'm getting from the PS article summarizing the penalties.

Yeah, I think it must be different calls b/c I thought the PI on Whigham was obvious as well. I actually thought it was a really poor play on Whigham's part b/c if he simply had the confidence to turn his head he really wasn't in bad position.

Everything is gum drops and lollipops with Whigham as far as I'm concerned. He puts himself in the correct position very well for a young player.

Wasn't this referee Ron Cherry that every poster seemed to warn us about at?

PI is like the charge in BBALL the refs get it right/wrong half the time.. the PI they didnt call in the clemson game was worse than what they called in the NC st game.

The phantom holding call on the 1st drive of the game was bad. We ripped off like 4 plays of 12+ yards and then the drive stalled after the call.

Also, on the NC State punt return - we drive the guy back and then rip the ball out and recover in the end zone - but the play had been ruled dead by a few seconds.

We dominated this team more than it looked in the 1st quarter...

the fumble punt was pretty close.. he was fighting and not sure we really had him tackled. but it was close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom