Who else swore the moment Gbinije released the Game tying Shot? | Syracusefan.com

Who else swore the moment Gbinije released the Game tying Shot?

I thought he was out of his mind. But dude hit the shot.

I have no idea how. I'd bet he hits that shot 1/10 or 2/10 in warmups with no pressure.

To do it in that spot? Just simply astounding. It's a moment for SU basketball history. It's not at the Ennis shot level, but it's damn close.

Got the attention of a few scouts I'd imagine. I still think he gets drafted and has a shot to contribute at the next level.

It seemed just as good as any other shot we might get - he seems to hit the deeper ones at a decent clip. Admittedly, that one was SUPER-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I was already getting a little frustrated as we seemed somewhat disorganized to start that possession, so it was building... so something was said and ended in a massive YES!

I thought he was out of his mind. But dude hit the shot.

I have no idea how. I'd bet he hits that shot 1/10 or 2/10 in warmups with no pressure.

To do it in that spot? Just simply astounding. It's a moment for SU basketball history. It's not at the Ennis shot level, but it's damn close.

Got the attention of a few scouts I'd imagine. I still think he gets drafted and has a shot to contribute at the next level.
He's good enough, IMO. Straight up. Really athletic, has solid handle. Good pull-up game but has a lot of room for improvement there. Is a smart player. Improved jump shot and will only get better. I think he can play in the NBA

He'll be a 2nd round pick I think. He has a chance to contribute someday, but he's obviously going to have to transition into an off ball role.

He can hit those deep threes when he can step into them, so I had no problem with it. It was either drive for a quick basket and play the foul game, or shoot a three. Better to put that one up than probe for a three, run clock and wind up with a forced and/or contested three by Cooney in that situation.

too stunned to react until it swished through - just like the Cooney shot off the curl - I just blanked out until they both went through the hoop -
I know the feeling. I was shocked when he took it and it took a second to register.

The VT killer...Did it last year as well.

Wow seeing that reminds me how much better our uni's are without the duct tape!

I thought it was good as soon as he let it fly.

I'll take my chances with our fifth year senior star with the rock in his hands at the end of games. Paid off tonight.

I actually thought it looked good off his hands.

For some reason, I thought the same thing. Didn't even react when he let it go because it looked good the whole way.

I actually thought it was a decent shot. It didn't take too much time off the clock, so if it didn't go in, we still had time to grab the rebound or foul and hope they miss. Plus, he seems to do really well on those long straight away 3s.

Interesting to see that many of you were confident or happy with the shot. No right or wrong answer here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom