Who gets drafter higher - MCW or Nassib - and why? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who gets drafter higher - MCW or Nassib - and why?

I liked Nassib at Syracuse and I'm a Bills fan but i really struggle to see him as a solid starting QB. I'd be OK with them taking him 2nd round if he's available but there are a number of other questionable QBs I'd be OK with too. I don't think it makes sense to take him, or any of the other QBs, with the 8th pick.

John David Booty, Matt Leinhart, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez and now Matt Barkley.

Nassib in the first round will be the worst NFL pick since Ryan Leaf

He'll be more productive in the NFL than either Jamarcus Russell, David Carr or Tim Couch who were #1 overall picks after Ryan Leaf went #2 in 1998. Aside from that Akili Smith, Matt Leinhart, Tebow, Sanchez, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, JP Losman, Kyle Boller, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, and Cade McNown were all first rounders.

Worst case I see for Nassib would be a Grossman/Campbell journeyman type career which is still better than most of those listed prior.

He'll be more productive in the NFL than either Jamarcus Russell, David Carr or Tim Couch who were #1 overall picks after Ryan Leaf went #2 in 1998. Aside from that Akili Smith, Matt Leinhart, Tebow, Sanchez, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, JP Losman, Kyle Boller, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, and Cade McNown were all first rounders.

Worst case I see for Nassib would be a Grossman/Campbell journeyman type career which is still better than most of those listed prior.
Agreed I don't think Nassib is an elite QB prospect, but I realize the kid can be starter in the NFL and has the tools to be an NFL QB and with the proper coaching I he can start in the NFL. I can see Ryan Nassib in the Andy Dalton mold of NFL QBs guys who can win you games and get you to the playoffs, but to win the playoffs he will need a strong supporting cast.

Agreed I don't think Nassib is an elite QB prospect, but I realize the kid can be starter in the NFL and has the tools to be an NFL QB and with the proper coaching I he can start in the NFL. I can see Ryan Nassib in the Andy Dalton mold of NFL QBs guys who can win you games and get you to the playoffs, but to win the playoffs he will need a strong supporting cast.

If Alex Smith can lead a team to an NFC championship game with limited physical tools Ryan Nassib should be able to win some games.

None of us really knows how Nassib will be in the NFL. I wish him all the best and hope he has a HOF career, but let's be real people, the NFL street is littered with can't-miss QBs who just didn't make it for different reasons.

I agree with you DollarBill. He could be a hall of famer or he could be a backup. Selecting Quarterbacks in the NFL draft isn't an exact Science, and nobody will know if this years class will be great or terrible. Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and Tony Romo are examples of guys who came out of nowhere to each have different variations of success. I definately think Nassib has the arm and the brain to be a good one though. If he gets with the right coach I think he has a good chance to put it together. Not so sure why some of our fans are down on him. He played some good football for us with a rather very average supporting cast.

I feel like a lot of the busts and can't miss prospects that don't pan out are due to low work ethic and character. Look at Ryan leaf dude was lazy, a drug addict and by all account a dick. JeMarcus Russell was lazy. Ryan Nassib does not fit in the category so I feel that at the very least he will be a serviceable quarterback.

I feel like a lot of the busts and can't miss prospects that don't pan out are due to low work ethic and character. Look at Ryan leaf dude was lazy, a drug addict and by all account a dick. JeMarcus Russell was lazy. Ryan Nassib does not fit in the category so I feel that at the very least he will be a serviceable quarterback.

Jamarcus was an addict as well. Guy loved that purple drank!

The Revis factor - if the Jets get # 13 as part of a Revis deal, they might go for a QB right there or at worst trade down to the 20's & snag Ryan at that spot. I don't see Ryan getting past both the Bills & Jets in round two at worst. Big wildcard might be where Geno goes - if Geno goes early somebody might reach for Ryan as next best & he could go somewhere in the 2nd half of round one. If Geno drops then Ryan probably goes in round 2. Personally, I am not sure why Geno is even ahead of Ryan, but that does seem to be the concensus. Ryan easily out-played geno in all the head to heads.

If Alex Smith can lead a team to an NFC championship game with limited physical tools Ryan Nassib should be able to win some games.
I'm not sure I agree with the Alex Smith having limited physical tools thing. He's a solid athlete, and he's FAR more accurate than Ryan. And that's not even close.

That said, I hope Ryan becomes a tremendous success. He's a good, smart guy and he deserves it.

And also, Ryan will absolutely get picked before MCW because the NFL draft is two months before the NBA draft. But MCW will be a higher selection.

I'm not sure I agree with the Alex Smith having limited physical tools thing. He's a solid athlete, and he's FAR more accurate than Ryan. And that's not even close.

That said, I hope Ryan becomes a tremendous success. He's a good, smart guy and he deserves it.

And also, Ryan will absolutely get picked before MCW because the NFL draft is two months before the NBA draft. But MCW will be a higher selection.

Smith has wee baby hands though
AlexSmithTinyHands.jpg

Real smart to trash Nassib. We should want our guys to go early. It helps in recruiting. I don't know what some of you are thinking at times when you post. The offseason board activity is worse than when the basketball team only beats Rutgers by 25.

what? you want us to lie and say that isn't true to help recruiting? It's not our job to help recruiting. There are people who are paid to do that. There is a difference between evaluating someone and saying they are not that good than "trashing" them.

Nassib is not a first round talent. In fact, none of the qb's are true first round talents this year. BUT, whowever said he would be worst first round pick since Ryan Leaf has forgotten about Jemarcus Russell

The Boston Globe has Nassib as #2 QB behind Geno, but doesn't project a first round (yet). It does predict that Nassib will go late 1 early 2.

So MCW wins.

In this spiny anteater - boron atom comparison. Remember when hoops had like 7 rounds and 16 teams. Yikes.

With Nassib's former coach being at Buffalo, and with Buffalo reallllllly needing a QB and refusing to get a quality one through free agency, there is very good chance Nassib goes at #8 and takes a relatively short drive down the thruway to his new team and old coach. With this weak draft class and many teams in need(as others have already said), the Bills may have to "reach" and "waste" what would ordinarily too high of a pick, drafting on the basis of need instead of best available player. Of course they are in terrible need of a WR and LB, and likely would get better value there. So to answer the OP, I'd lean MCW, but wouldnt be shocked to see Nassib be taken earlier. I wouldn't be shocked to see him do well as a NFL starting QB under the right circumstances either.

Sure MCW is looked at right now as having a higher ceiling, but that wasn't the question. Great question OP!!

As a Bills fan, I'm just worried that Buddy Nix will see this thread and get confused and think it's a good idea to draft MCW.

You're right, but laziness and addiction aren't the only reasons guys don't pan out. They get hurt too, or they get drafted into a bad situation for them, where the head coach may not last more than two years and then they get traded to a team with a HOF QB, or whatever and they just never see the playing field.

There are only 32 slots for starters in the NFL at QB and a lot of guys going for those spots. To start in the NFL, you have to have a situation where preparation meets opportunity. Had Drew Bledsoe never ruptured his spleen, would Tom Brady have become the QB he is? My point was that there are a lot of reasons why "serviceable" QBs don't make it.

There are way too many quality linemen in the draft for any back, QB or otherwise to crack the top ten.

Nope it isnt...i assume this Armory does his draft research out in armory square and not on websites
I'll take my apology in the form of a 6-pack plz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom