Who has a better resume Pitt or Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Who has a better resume Pitt or Kentucky

Alsacs

Living Legend
When you analyze each team's resume both are rather weak and should be 7 or 8 seeds based on their profiles. These are 2 teams who should be in the 8-9 game in Wichita State' bracket.

Pitt 22-7, 10-6 ACC, RPI 44, SOS 90, NC SOS 243
record vs RPI top 25 0-6, record vs RPI top 50 1-0, record vs RPI top 100 4-1

Best win(s) Stanford-N, Maryland x2, @NC State, Clemson

Kentucky 21-8, 11-5 SEC, RPI 17. SOS 6, NC SOS 9
record vs RPI top 25 0-3, record RPI top 50 3-1, record vs RPI top 100 10-3

Best win(s) Louisville, Providence-N, Tennessee, Boise State, @Missouri

Kentucky's win against Louisville is what saves them IMO. That win is their signature win, but Louisville isn't a top 25 RPI team. Coach Cal has learned how to game the RPI by playing a lot of decent mid-majors which keeps their SOS from going down.

Both resumes are rather weak, but the Louisville win gives Kentucky a slight advantage for me. However, Kentucky doesn't have that good a profile when you actually look at their resume. Pitt is lucky they won in OT @Notre Dame or they would be on the bubble.

Projections
Kentucky: 21-8 (11-5)
Remaining schedule: Alabama(RPI 116) , @ Florida(RPI 3) Outlook: 22-9 (12-6) and a 2 seed in SEC
SEC tourney: If 2 seed then they might play winner of LSU(RPI 61) and Vandy (RPI 94). LSU has split with UK and UK's win was in OT. Outlook: LSU beats Vandy. LSU beats UK for a 22-10 record
NCAA Tourney: 10-12 seed

Pittsburgh: 22-7 (10-6)
Remaining schedule: NC State(RPI 75) , Clemson(RPI 71) Outlook: 23-8 (12-6) and a 5 seed in ACC.
ACC tourney: If 5 seed then they might play winner of Wake(114) and GT(173). Pitt has swept both teams. Winner plays UNC(21). Outlook: GT beats Wake. Pitt beats GT. UNC beats Pitt for a 24-9 (13-7).
NCAA tourney: 8-10 seed

Both should be in the field if they beat the teams they should.

Gotta say UK has the better resume. Although it is amazing that their SOS is so high with only 7 games against Top 50.

Gotta say UK has the better resume. Although it is amazing that their SOS is so high with only 7 games against Top 50.
They gamed the RPI playing a bunch of good-mid majors in the 100s which doesn't kill their SOS. Calipari learned from JB how to game the RPI playing Eastern Michigan, Boise State, Belmont, Cleveland State and then neutral site games like Providence, and Baylor these games make your RPI look a lot better. The SEC sucks outside of Florida and Kentucky's RPI is inflated because they like Syracuse because of their high attendance can pay these good mid-majors a high guarantee fee to play at coRUPPt Arena.

They gamed the RPI playing a bunch of good-mid majors in the 100s which doesn't kill their SOS. Calipari learned from JB how to game the RPI playing Eastern Michigan, Boise State, Belmont, Cleveland State and then neutral site games like Providence, and Baylor these games make your RPI look a lot better. The SEC sucks outside of Florida and Kentucky's RPI is inflated because they like Syracuse because of their high attendance can pay these good mid-majors a high guarantee fee to play at coRUPPt Arena.

Yeah, not to derail this thread, but if you notice what is killing our SOS is two or three games Colgate, Binghampton, and Cornell. All are sub 280 and two of them are sub 300. The problem is those are traditional opponents for Syracuse, not just random teams brought in to be pummelled. I think JB feels it is very important to support NYS college hoops by playing these teams. If we replaced those 3 games with games against Stony Brook, Arkansas State, and Siena our NCSOS would increase dramatically.

There's no way our beloved Orange are a number one seed the way they've played the last four games. This team could easily have had 7 or 8 losses. I hope we get to go to Buffalo but I think we should be a 2 seed at this point. Our team and players are beat up, injured, and tired. It's a long season. They way they are playing now, I would be happy to see this team get to a sweet 16 game. It's amazing how the wheels can come off the wagon.

And some this has to be Roberson, Silent G, and Paterson's fault for not making a solid enough contribution. Paterson is like 20 years old. I really thought he would be able to make a bigger contribution this year.

There's no way our beloved Orange are a number one seed the way they've played the last four games. This team could easily have had 7 or 8 losses. I hope we get to go to Buffalo but I think we should be a 2 seed at this point. Our team and players are beat up, injured, and tired. It's a long season. They way they are playing now, I would be happy to see this team get to a sweet 16 game. It's amazing how the wheels can come off the wagon.

And some this has to be Roberson, Silent G, and Paterson's fault for not making a solid enough contribution. Paterson is like 20 years old. I really thought he would be able to make a bigger contribution this year.

The committee isn't supposed to play god. You won or you lost.

The committee isn't supposed to play god. You won or you lost.

Good point. But I would rather be 23-6 playing like we were 28-1 than 26-3 playing like 23-6.

SU needs to pay more attention to the NCSS formula too. Despite playing our strongest OOC schedule in years, our NCSS is an incredibly poor 129 because of playing both Cornell (330) and Binghamton (324). I know they are close by schools but we really can't afford to have such bad RPI-killing dogs on the schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom