Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike is a great guy and he deserves this 100 percent!!

It makes me extremely sad,depressed and missing yester year for sure. makes me scared for our present and our future for sure. You can’t help but wonder what kind of team we would have versus what we have now I mean if we played Washington they would smoke us.

They are such an enjoyable brand of basketball in so many aspects. Especially in defense, athleticism substitutions, changing looks and sets,

Overall things there are so connected and the energy and togetherness is so positive.

In one regard it’s so easy to root for them in another but in another it’s hard to swallow.

image.jpg

Mike is a great guy and he deserves this 100 percent!!

It makes me extremely sad,depressed and missing yester year for sure. makes me scared for our present and our future for sure. You can’t help but wonder what kind of team we would have versus what we have now I mean if we played Washington they would smoke us.

They are such an enjoyable brand of basketball in so many aspects. Especially in defense, athleticism substitutions, changing looks and sets,

Overall things there are so connected and the energy and togetherness is so positive.

In one regard it’s so easy to root for them in another but in another it’s hard to swallow.
I’m happy for him and rooting for them. It’s sad though as it’s what we could have.

Not sure if they win this game but I like the direction their heading more than where we're heading.

The fanbase wanted no part of him because he only went .500 as a fill in. People gave me stupid looks in Chicago after the UVA game for remarking that we made a final four the first year Hopkins coached the team.

Blame the 2016 team for killing support for Hopkins.

It really hurts to lose the best coach in CBB. There was a reason he was named HC in waiting everyone knew we had someone special on our staff.

You don't mess around when you have something like that under control.

Has OU missed the playoffs since showing Stoops the door for Riley?

Didnt like that 3 Carter took, should've kept feeding Stewart.

McDaniels didnt score the last 32 minutes of the game.

Houston is one of the best rebounding teams in the country and it showed.

Very disappointing game to watch especially when they had a 13 point lead at one point. Still think they'll be dangerous in March. Not sure there is anybody who can stop Stewart and Quade has been great.

The real question is what does the ad think watching that team out west

Who cares what he thinks he let the best coach in CBB get away. Not that there was much he could do the offer came from UW what 10 months after he replaced Coyle. A talented team was still finding itself when Hop coached them 2 future 1st rounders were freshmen and the PG was still learning a new position. Mal got hot and JB got all the credit and the keys to drive the program into the ground when he previously had a foot out the door (correctly.) It sucks UW didn't give Romar another year with that monster recruiting class he had lined up their fanbase didn't want the switch they wanted to see the burger boys.

Who knows what our AD is like but I'm not sure I want to find out I doubt he could pull off 2 home run hires in a year like the new guy at Louisville did.

I am 1000% happy that hop is out there succeeding! I wish we had 2-3 other coaches from the JB tree out there succeeding at a high level.

I see him as our Roy Williams who will one day come back home and take control of the program.

If he never left he would have been negatively recruited against, constantly questioned about his lack of experience.

Now if he wants to come back he'll get to set is own price.

The fanbase wanted no part of him because he only went .500 as a fill in. People gave me stupid looks in Chicago after the UVA game for remarking that we made a final four the first year Hopkins coached the team.

Blame the 2016 team for killing support for Hopkins.

It really hurts to lose the best coach in CBB. There was a reason he was named HC in waiting everyone knew we had someone special on our staff.
Who cares what he thinks he let the best coach in CBB get away. Not that there was much he could do the offer came from UW what 10 months after he replaced Coyle. A talented team was still finding itself when Hop coached them 2 future 1st rounders were freshmen and the PG was still learning a new position. Mal got hot and JB got all the credit and the keys to drive the program into the ground when he previously had a foot out the door (correctly.) It sucks UW didn't give Romar another year with that monster recruiting class he had lined up their fanbase didn't want the switch they wanted to see the burger boys.

Who knows what our AD is like but I'm not sure I want to find out I doubt he could pull off 2 home run hires in a year like the new guy at Louisville did.
To answer the OP’s question: I don’t watch them.

As for Frankie, you’re hilarious. I like telling my little cousins that Yadier Molina is the best baseball player of all time. I can only assume you have a similar sense of humor.

Hop is doing this in the Pac-10. The conference should be the most competitive it’s been since he took over, so don’t be surprised when he doesn’t win the title this season. (Unless he benefits from another injury or two like Bol last year.)

Time will tell how good he really is. Along with improved overall play from the rest of the conference, let’s see how he does on the recruiting trail once he no longer has targets he started working on when he was at ‘Cuse. I know he’s getting some local kids, but that’s not enough. He needs to create a SoCal pipeline.

Love hop, but jb is prob undefeated with that roster. One L max. Jb can coach. Just not bringing in the talent rn.
JB is one of the greatest in game coaches ever. The more Hop coaches the better he will get at it!

Love hop, but jb is prob undefeated with that roster. One L max. Jb can coach. Just not bringing in the talent rn.

That's precisely my thinking. Give JB that roster and we're probably contending. But JB can't get that roster, at this juncture, with this staff.

It’s not his roster though. Bringing in players is part of the job and it’s pointless to remove that from the equation

That's precisely my thinking. Give JB that roster and we're probably contending. But JB can't get that roster, at this juncture, with this staff.
the problem is that JB can’t get the talent
I feel like this is overblown. We’ve been very close on some top talent and found ourselves on the losing end every time. Still, we’ve been in the mix, so it’s more bad luck than bad recruiting.

Look at Stewart. I know everyone keeps saying he didn’t want to play close to home, but where does he go if Hop’s not a factor? Probably SU, right?

We’ve had some bad beats on the recruiting trail, including some to Hop. But that’s somewhat of an anomaly and should no longer be a factor.

It’s not his roster though. Bringing in players is part of the job and it’s pointless to remove that from the equation
The point is that just because Hop is finding success at Washington, doesn’t automatically mean he’d be doing the same at SU. Because he wouldn’t be. His record would be the same at best, but probably worse. And that includes the previous two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom