Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do please calm me down and tell me why you do?
The player development hasn't been great. The recruiting has been good but all our guys leave right away.
I need to hear some optimism for Hopkins as he is getting the job next.
Fire him, no confidence.

I get your positive guy but if asking for people to say they feel Hop gives them
Confidence is ridiculous you have a lot of other negative posts to post in.
I watch the program entering the end of Boeheim era with this team and next being another worrisome team and wonder if Hop gives them confidence he is the guy.

I'm just saying, if you want to bash Hopkins, then do it. It's lame to ask people to prove to you that he will be good as a ruse to get others to trash him in the immediate aftermath of a pitiful performance. I just don't see the productivity of it, I guess.

I get your positive guy but if asking for people to say they feel Hop gives them
Confidence is ridiculous you have a lot of other negative posts to post in.
I watch the program entering the end of Boeheim era with this team and next being another worrisome team and wonder if Hop gives them confidence he is the guy.
One good thing about next season, do you see anyone that will leave early on this team? I think not.

I'm just saying, if you want to bash Hopkins, then do it. It's lame to ask people to prove to you that he will be good as a ruse to get others to trash him in the immediate aftermath of a pitiful performance. I just don't see the productivity of it, I guess.
I don't think he was doing that. I think he really wanted someone to make a case for Hop

I feel he deserves his shot because he has been loyal but I don't know if he is the answer.
I honestly was looking for some confidence from others. A couple of people have.

It shouldn't work that way though. This isn't the mafia, you don't get a freakin HC job at Syracuse because you're loyal.

As others have said, if he runs different stuff and pitches change, wins the job etc.. So be it.

More zone and whatever the f this offense is, see yourself to the door.
I agree with this... You have to open the position up to other candidates. Field the best candidate and make the choice on who you think can put this program in the best place. This is a VERY attractive job. While Hop has been loyal, Syracuse does not owe him anything. He has made millions and millions of dollars. What gets him this job should be his plan and what system he puts in place while being HC here. Not the feeling of being obligated to make him HC.

I feel he deserves his shot because he has been loyal but I don't know if he is the answer.
I honestly was looking for some confidence from others. A couple of people have.

But clearly people saying you should have confidence are guessing just like people saying he sucks are venting. None of them have anything real to offer you. Nobody does except for JB. JB says he will be good. But JB's approval rating just went to negative plaid so him vouching for the guy is a curse at the moment.

I agree with this... You have to open the position up to other candidates. Field the best candidate and make the choice on who you think can put this program in the best place. This is a VERY attractive job. While Hop has been loyal, Syracuse does not owe him anything. He has made millions and millions of dollars. What gets him this job should be his plan and what system he puts in place while being HC here. Not the feeling of being obligated to make him HC.

Completely agree. This whole "designee in waiting" title really doesn't sit well with me at all. It's almost as if we're allowing him a 3-5 year grace period for mediocrity already before he's even the HC.

Open it up, get some big names interviewing, and then make a decision. We don't need to look any further than Pitt's struggles this year to see what happens when you get plan B.

Completely agree. This whole "designee in waiting" title really doesn't sit well with me at all. It's almost as if we're allowing him a 3-5 year grace period for mediocrity already before he's even the HC.

Open it up, get some big names interviewing, and then make a decision. We don't need to look any further than Pitt's struggles this year to see what happens when you get plan B.
Agree 110%... Big names would interview and be interested. Here is a sneaky name that will be a BIG commodity this summer when it comes to the coaching carousel. Scott Cross from UTA.

But clearly people saying you should have confidence are guessing just like people saying he sucks are venting. None of them have anything real to offer you. Nobody does except for JB. JB says he will be good. But JB's approval rating just went to negative plaid so him vouching for the guy is a curse at the moment.
JB is loyal to his guy. His opinion is why Hop is getting the job that doesn't mean it's right or can't be discussed. I just wanted some confidence trust me if I wanted to outright rip Hopkins I wouldn't hesitate.

I fear Hop's someone who's been in the assistant's chair too long and will struggle to adjust to being head honcho. Hope I'm wrong. We'd be in much better shape if he had took a head coaching gig a few years back regardless of how he would've done.

I used to. The guy has been all in, for like, forever. He's a great interview— seems to have it going on upstairs. But I fear too much of what we see as 'issues' with how we do things will be continued, because it's all our all-cuse staff has ever known.

It's cool to have a staff filled by people who have always been committed to us, but that's countered by the disadvantage of only having one 'voice' and experience set. I hope Hop's Olympic work leads to something other than what we see now.
Not sure I understand the idea that having all Cuse guys is bad. I understand your point, but Duke has all Duke guys. Seems to work for them. But I think the coaching overall does have to be questioned.

I mean, I agree with alot of what's being said in this thread, but... why trot this thread out right now, tonight??
If this season is lost and recruiting doesn't pick up for 2017 then this is the big
Issue.
Tonight was bad.

Hop will be fine. He needs to add one top flight recruiter. I actually think that we end up dancing and doing well.

One good thing about next season, do you see anyone that will leave early on this team? I think not.

While I get that, are these guys really good enough to make a difference if they are here another year? Right now I don't see it.

We have the Carrier Dome, the biggest crowds, a great practice facility, a great league, and one of the top traditions in college hoops. There's zero reason for us to ever be bad.

I am not so sure these kids care about the Dome much anymore. There are a lot of teams with great facilities and tradition. Playing in the Tobacco Road centric ACC, it is very plausible to me that we could be looking on the outside in.

Yeah, not so sure about the Dome. Colgate in the Dome is dead. It's only certain marquee games which make it viable. I have a neutral friend who went to the final GTown game in the Dome and thought it was pretty lifeless. He was shocked, actually. The lame pre-game/Dome atmosphere, lack of any starting lineup pizazz, etc...stuff stud recruits care about for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom