Who is rooting for who this weekend? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is rooting for who this weekend?

I'm rooting for UVA for several reasons:
1) ACC
2) Tony Bennett
3) I live in Charlottesville and its most definitely a UVA college town (and a very fun place to live).
4) I am retired but have a P/T job as an academic mentor for UVA athletes (I'm sitting in JPJ as I write this).
In between students I sometimes watch a basketball practice and Tony Bennett is everything he seems to be. He is extremely hands on in practice and you can tell the kids all love him and will do anything for him.

I'm hoping for a Virginia - Texas Tech final, I'd be alright with either one winning. I really hope Michigan State doesn't win it, their scandal made Penn State's look like a minor offense.

Spuck the Fartans

Anybody, as long as the final scores get me some dough in the Big Pool.

i'll go with izzo and the spartans. really could care less. but i like the coach.

Texas Tech When they got in the final 4 , someone said they would be celebrating on Buddy Holly boulevard.This one is for Buddy. My wife's sister and her husband took us to clear lake when we visited them. It is 60 years since the Day the music died February 3, 1959.

I'm rooting for UVA for several reasons:
1) ACC
2) Tony Bennett
3) I live in Charlottesville and its most definitely a UVA college town (and a very fun place to live).
4) I am retired but have a P/T job as an academic mentor for UVA athletes (I'm sitting in JPJ as I write this).
In between students I sometimes watch a basketball practice and Tony Bennett is everything he seems to be. He is extremely hands on in practice and you can tell the kids all love him and will do anything for him.
For what it's worth, I'm with you, and the nice Hoos that visit us here. My best friend got a great engineering degree there too...

UVA. Tech is uninspiring. Hard pass on the other 2

Someone who hasn't won it before. We've got three chances.

We are the last team to win the national championship that still has just one.
Connecticut got #2, 3 & 4
North Carolina got #4, 5 & 6
Florida got #1 & 2
Kansas got #3
Duke got # 4 & 5
Kentucky got #8
Louisville got #3
Villanova got #2 & 3

If we can't get #2 then let's share the wealth.

I suppose I should root for Virginia because they are ACC and it would be a good story if they cam back from the UMBC disaster to win it the next year but watching Auburn or Texas Tech win their first would be fun, too. It would bring back memories of when we finally won it. I've always rooted for the Spartans in football but never warmed to Izzo and they already ha #1 & 2. (So they, of course will win it.).

I’m kinda pulling for Texas Tech at this point. I can’t see any reason not to?

Auburn is one of those typical SEC football factories with a shady coach. I can’t root for that. Those fans won’t even care about this in another week. They’re more worried about spring football practices.

Virginia - reality is, they vault way ahead of us in the ACC pecking order for the next 5 years if they win. They’ve obviously been better than us for 5 years already, but their lack of tourney success and our history and name and knocking them off to go to the final four cancelled it out. They win it, it overrides all of that and we’re looking at hoping to be the number 4 program in the league.

I like Bennett, but that’s not enough. And plus their two guards seem like tools.

Michigan State would also clearly vault ahead of us, putting them as probably the number 1 program in that “second tier” that we both occupy. Given that we beat them like 90% of the time we play them, that would be infuriating. Plus their school has some pretty despicable stuff coming out about it in recent years.

Go Texas Tech.

Also I should add that the fact that UConn, Villanova, and Louisville have combined for 5 titles in the last 15 years while we have zero...despite having just as good of teams or maybe even better teams than them overall in that time span, really pisses me off.

We don’t need Virginia winning it too. These were/are our peer programs and conference rivals. It is not good for us if they win it.

TTU's got a humble, exciting group. Lottery pick at one forward, a Hakim Warrick clone at the other forward spot (complete with impressive athletic ability on alley-oops), and a devastatingly-devoted defense across the board. Plus a coach who's unobnoxious, hard-working, and has apparently scrapped for everything he's gotten, including his gig at a nowhere hoops school. Really easy to root for these guys.

Hak clone
Top 5 talent/mini Melo in Culver
Three-point and free throw deadeye a la GMac
3 seed

This one's easy.

I'm a bit torn.

I root for the ACC so I would like to see UVA win.

On the other hand, I am a big Bob Knight fan and really enjoy watching Texas Tech run his motion offense and man to man defense.

I dislike Texas Tech the least.

The Virginia.

Loathe both Auburn and Bruce Pearl, and Sparty nation. So as long as neither of those two teams win, I'll hold my nose and be satisfied.

UVA is a very easy choice.

An ACC team that is not Duke or Carolina.

Good program, terrific coach.

I'll give you 3 guesses and your first 2 don't count.

This had to be one awesome week as a UVA diehard. I just know how I've felt after SU making the Final Four and that entire week leading up to it. It's hard to beat as a fan...winning it all is just icing on the cake IMO. Enjoy your game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom