Who is the better O line coach? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the better O line coach?

The trolling in this thread reached epic proportions...

Thank you bcubs9497 for putting a handful out of their misery.

Hope Steven's transition is going wonderful.

Probably shouldn't call trolling to some of the more well informed people on the board. As with anything, sometimes the information they have is based on talk and not always put into action. It's not like this information was just made up for the hell of it, it came from somewhere.

I have no idea what is going on, other than some folks with very good info, sharing said info with the board, which is always appreciated. It's clear that this staff knows this season is make or break, so they should be doing all they can to get the best group ready to play.

I just want to add that the last thing that would stop a position change is what number a player has been issued. I mean it's not that difficult to swap numbers.

Probably shouldn't call trolling to some of the more well informed people on the board. As with anything, sometimes the information they have is based on talk and not always put into action. It's not like this information was just made up for the hell of it, it came from somewhere.
Lol

I will trust my sources, time will tell where the kid winds up after this year. If he's ready to play day 1 than maybe, we shall see

IthacaBarrel said:
I will trust my sources, time will tell where the kid winds up after this year. If he's ready to play day 1 than maybe, we shall see

I think he's in the two-deep at the start of camp at DT. Then it will be hard to keep him off the field. He's going to be a good one.

Question; why, when using IE, can I see posts from those I have on ignore?

"I will trust my sources, time will tell where the kid winds up after this year. If he's ready to play day 1 than maybe, we shall see"

Your "sources", eh? That explains a lot...

Question; why, when using IE, can I see posts from those I have on ignore?

"I will trust my sources, time will tell where the kid winds up after this year. If he's ready to play day 1 than maybe, we shall see"

Your "sources", eh? That explains a lot...

I guess we should just trust everything you hear as well? Let's see; trust someone who's source is players or trust people who's sources are what the coaches are brainstorming... Hmm.....

And that is why I trust Finwad32

I was really just responding to the "trolling" part. The people who had heard this was at least possible or a conversation aren't trolling. Just because something doesn't or hasn't happened doesn't mean it was never discussed.

qdawgg said:
I was really just responding to the "trolling" part. The people who had heard this was at least possible or a conversation aren't trolling. Just because something doesn't or hasn't happened doesn't mean it was never discussed.

Yeah - but the people who started the rumor also have taken issue with the kids Dad in other threads. Probably nothing - but the dots are there to connect

I guess we should just trust everything you hear as well? Let's see; trust someone who's source is players or trust people who's sources are what the coaches are brainstorming... Hmm...
I don't ask you to trust me, nor do I care if you do/don't.

If Kaiser is your "source", I doubt seriously he has the confidence of Coach Shafer, Coach Daoust, Coach Bullough, or any of the other staff. And other than a "howya doin" greeting at the local links, I seriously doubt he ever speaks to them. You go ahead, though, and trust him all you want.

I don't ask you to trust me, nor do I care if you do/don't.

If Kaiser is your "source", I doubt seriously he has the confidence of Coach Shafer, Coach Daoust, Coach Bullough, or any of the other staff. And other than a "howya doin" greeting at the local links, I seriously doubt he ever speaks to them. You go ahead, though, and trust him all you want.

Kaiser wasn't the one I was referring to, I don't trust anything that Kaiser says. I'm not even sure he's real or an old version of SaintTristan.

If you read what I wrote without feeling the need to thrash everyone, it's pretty clear I'm saying there are people on here that aren't parents of players who are just as likely/more likely in certain situations to have inside info.

Yeah - but the people who started the rumor also have taken issue with the kids Dad in other threads. Probably nothing - but the dots are there to connect

I understand the relationship issues we are having nowadays. There was no reason for anyone to get all pissed about anything said in this thread though. It's not like a poster claimed one of the players tried to pull a Michael Irvin before game "X" and that's why they didn't play well.

Kaiser wasn't the one I was referring to, I don't trust anything that Kaiser says. I'm not even sure he's real or an old version of SaintTristan.

If you read what I wrote without feeling the need to thrash everyone, it's pretty clear I'm saying there are people on here that aren't parents of players who are just as likely/more likely in certain situations to have inside info.

I will say this. Posters that think they have info would serve themselves well to verify it if they can and if they cant quantify it with an "in my opinion". To many people, it seems, post things they hear or want to hear as fact, then they look ridiculous saying so. Everyone is so quick to be the one to "have the info", when its better to sit back and have the right info.

That being said - I asked an offensive coach directly if there was any way he moves and the answer was no. No reason to believe he wouldn't tell the truth based on other information that we have discussed that was true.

we are talking about coaching ability, not playing...so on PAPER...its Adam in a landslide.

and since they moved that kid clark to the OL, we will really see what he can do.

The team hasn't even practiced with a coach yet. SMH

I will say this. Posters that think they have info would serve themselves well to verify it if they can and if they cant quantify it with an "in my opinion". To many people, it seems, post things they hear or want to hear as fact, then they look ridiculous saying so. Everyone is so quick to be the one to "have the info", when its better to sit back and have the right info.

That being said - I asked an offensive coach directly if there was any way he moves and the answer was no. No reason to believe he wouldn't tell the truth based on other information that we have discussed that was true.

Most people on here who have info can't source it otherwise they would have no info. I mean it's pretty easy to tell the people who get solid "inside info". Listen to those people, and doubt the others. But you will never see anyone sourcing their "inside info", nor should you expect it, just be happy you got it, or just ignore it.

And unless you have a relationship with an offensive coach he isn't going to tell a complete stranger something they may or may not have planned.

As I said earlier I have no idea if IB is messing around here or is serious, but he has always provided solid info in the past. I will also give an example. Last year I got very solid info that Isiah Johnson would be moving to DT, along with DE. Johnson hated playing inside, and refuted the "rumors" because at the time he didn't know himself that was the plan for him. Well we all saw where Johnson ended up playing. Obviously that's not as big as a switch from D to O, but it shows that the players have no idea what's in store for them. Corey Winfield was as shocked as anybody when he was moved to CB.

Most people on here who have info can't source it otherwise they would have no info. I mean it's pretty easy to tell the people who get solid "inside info". Listen to those people, and doubt the others. But you will never see anyone sourcing their "inside info", nor should you expect it, just be happy you got it, or just ignore it.

And unless you have a relationship with an offensive coach he isn't going to tell a complete stranger something they may or may not have planned.

As I said earlier I have no idea if IB is messing around here or is serious, but he has always provided solid info in the past. I will also give an example. Last year I got very solid info that Isiah Johnson would be moving to DT, along with DE. Johnson hated playing inside, and refuted the "rumors" because at the time he didn't know himself that was the plan for him. Well we all saw where Johnson ended up playing. Obviously that's not as big as a switch from D to O, but it shows that the players have no idea what's in store for them. Corey Winfield was as shocked as anybody when he was moved to CB.

Maybe you are misreading me. I know who I read on here that when they post something I take notice. I do have access which is why I asked. Yes things change all the time and no one here has all the answers.

fwiw, and in no way am i saying that this is indeed what is happening because I have no idea, but usually the player is the last person to find out about him potentially switching positions.
Your kidding right. This staff is transparent and about trust. I dont believe for one second that they would recruit a kid based on a promise of playing a position and change that without a serious discussion with the player and his parents.

Thanks!

Steven's doing wonderfully. Talked to him this evening. He told me he's up to 315 pounds now and getting very strong and quick under Coach Hicks' training.
Thank you for posting and for sharing with us the progress of your son. He is without a doubt one of the most important recruits that our program has had in a few years. To see the dedication that Steven and your family has put into this is inspirational. I hope nothing but the best for him.

Just logged in to confirm HeaterCuse22 has a relationship with a member of the offensive staff. He didn't just shoot a random email from a complete stranger. That is all. Carry on.

kcsu said:
Your kidding right. This staff is transparent and about trust. I dont believe for one second that they would recruit a kid based on a promise of playing a position and change that without a serious discussion with the player and his parents.

Corey Winfield?