Who is the greatest college QB ever? | Syracusefan.com

Who is the greatest college QB ever?

when did you start watching college football?

To be fair, passing has only been a big thing in football for ~25 years. Before that it was all about the RB's.

...and I'll take Tommy Frazier or Matt Leinart for $100 Alex

Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl against USC might be the most impressive display on the biggest stage that I have ever seen. And technically, it's his Heisman for 2005 since Reggie Bush couldn't hold onto it.

Young just doesn't have the longevity. One incredible season.

Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl against USC might be the most impressive display on the biggest stage that I have ever seen. And technically, it's his Heisman for 2005 since Reggie Bush couldn't hold onto it.

Young just doesn't have the longevity. One incredible season.
Turns out he was lazy and not a genius.

To be fair, passing has only been a big thing in football for ~25 years. Before that it was all about the RB's.

Exactly - if we were making a list of the greatest RBs ever, it would be lopsided towards the 1950s-1980s.

Sonny Sixkiller. Oh wait you asked the best QB, not the best QB name. ;) I'll go down the coast and say Jim Plunkett. I agree it is hard to compare different era's.

How about Case Keenum who's 19,217 career passing yards are 2100+ over the next closest? That's ~11 miles worth of passing yards.

Do you have his autograph?

I don't do autographs. I met RS at a golf outing for his company a few years ago. I was using one of his local brokers for a real estate deal.

His card is in with my "sports collection" along with Dan Reeves (NYG HC), Ernie Accorsi (NYG GM), Gary Bettman and Bernie Fine.

I am a bigger fan than I am an expert, but I'd probably go Tebow, and maybe have Dorsey in the discussion?

With so many different eras, etc, it's really tough to choose. In my lifetime, I'd say that Detmer, Manning, Frazier, and Vick (gulp) are up there. Those guys were really good.

I know Millhouse brought up Johnny Football. Loved him as a college guy guy. He was really exciting and put up some nice numbers, but in retrospect, that team was loaded. 4 starting OL will be first round picks and Evans was a beast. I wonder what he would have done at say, Illinois. I think the four above would have been great anywhere, not sure about Manziel.