Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024?

And Dino isn’t going anywhere anyway. The goal was a bowl game and he got it done regardless of what is happening now. Next year the goal is the same thing.

This. He got to 6 wins, they're going bowling. They'll get the extra practices (which I agree can be overrated but we still have a relatively new offensive staff so the more time the better).

Although, if things don't turn around these next two games, he'll be the first coach to go from 6-0 to 6-6 and still be the coach the following year.

I haven't read the whole board, but Mink pointed this out so I'm sure it's here somewhere. Zooker at Illinois was fired, and Grobe did it as a temporary fill in at Baylor.

This. He got to 6 wins, they're going bowling. They'll get the extra practices (which I agree can be overrated but we still have a relatively new offensive staff so the more time the better).

Although, if things don't turn around these next two games, he'll be the first coach to go from 6-0 to 6-6 and still be the coach the following year.

I haven't read the whole board, but Mink pointed this out so I'm sure it's here somewhere. Zooker at Illinois was fired, and Grobe did it as a temporary fill in at Baylor.

Yeah it was starting to trend that way after the ND game and to be honest I’d be shocked if we win another game and if we do I think It will be the bowl game with some guys getting healthy and replacing a guy or two that wants to sit it out.

But you can’t move the finish line as you go, IMO. And like I said it gets Dino another year not another contract signed in blood

And you’re right the way football is practiced today I don’t think 15 days of running around in shorts makes a bit of difference other than for cardio purposes which will be lost in the off season anyway

That’s really terrible recruiting. We need a guy consistently in top 10. Not 14 and 12 some years. No wonder he was let go.

To be fair, Florida recruits itself and I'd bet whoever the coach is the rankings are always good...but their fans are obviously idiots to.

Dino can keep his job if SU has at least seven wins in BOTH 2022 AND 2023. Six wins in 2023 might still do it. Losing season in 2023, he will not be SU head coach in 2024.

Hey I appreciate your viewpoint and I don’t think Mullen is a bad coach and yeah he’s probably better than Dino at the end of the day but my viewpoint is this. He couldn’t recruit very well at Florida or Miss St why on earth do you think he could recruit at Syracuse. Do you honestly believe that Dan Mullen is going to recruit much better than Dino? I just can’t see it. It’s the product that you are trying to sell!! Not the guy selling it

He may be able to coach kids up but he’s far from an elite recruiter and even if he was it wouldn’t matter much at Syracuse
Yes, I 100% believe he can recruit better than Dino, he is also a better X & O guy. Not sure how he didn’t recruit well at Florida his classes were #14,9,9. You also might want to go check out his rankings while at MSU, if you compare classes before he was there, then recruiting was definitely better when he was there.

Yes, I 100% believe he can recruit better than Dino, he is also a better X & O guy. Not sure how he didn’t recruit well at Florida his classes were #14,9,9. You also might want to go check out his rankings while at MSU, if you compare classes before he was there, then recruiting was definitely better when he was there.

I think Syracuse needs far better than Dan Mullen to be a consistent 8-9 win team. Just my opinion. 5-7 wins with occasional better than that sure.

And you put Dino in Florida I’d bet any amount of $ that he recruits just as well as Mullen if not better. I just do.

There’ 2 or 3 P5 schools worse to recruit to than Syracuse

Last edited:
I will never forget how Dino quit on his players. I want to see him gone. The sooner the better.

It’s what the Florida fan base said. Relative to what they are used to, they saw a drop in recruiting under Mullen. it got to the point where they questioned if he even cared about recruiting. When Napier took over, he made sure to emphasize recruiting efforts to the fan base. UF is now in the top 8 in recruiting rankings

There were comments that said Mullen was a great recruiter. He might be a good recruiter, and hypothetically do well at SU since expectations are different, but it also needs to be acknowledged recruiting was his downfall for whatever reason at UF (I believe he was also put on probation for recruiting)

Last edited:
And we consistently finish last in the ACC in recruiting
We haven't finished last in recruiting for the past 10 years. You can find that info in 247. We have always finished in the lower half of the ACC but never last.

I will never forget how Dino quit on his players. I want to see him gone. The sooner the better.
This is disappointing. He has turtled in tough spots in multiple seasons.

I was ready on him last year, but retreated a little bit with how the season started. It’s just frustrating.

But, I also don’t think this season is the typical end of the year run. Injuries mounted, then we hit the gauntlet section of the schedule we knew was coming.

The only loss I’m really pissed about is Pitt - that was not a good football team. We looked GOD awful against FSU, I think that was the What game.

This is disappointing. He has turtled in tough spots in multiple seasons.

I was ready on him last year, but retreated a little bit with how the season started. It’s just frustrating.

But, I also don’t think this season is the typical end of the year run. Injuries mounted, then we hit the gauntlet section of the schedule we knew was coming.

The only loss I’m really pissed about is Pitt - that was not a good football team. We looked GOD awful against FSU, I think that was the What game.
For me, I personally believe that Dino started interjecting into the play calling more as the season progressed. It seems like the offense as regressed to the Dino and Gilbert show. Injuries suck but DB is just bad in so many game day areas and player decision making criteria that he is literally destroying any type of progress made in games 1-6. Sure the schedule was easier however, any one with eyes can see there is a lot more of DB's schema involved now then there was earlier in the season.

It’s what the Florida fan base said. Relative to what they are used to, they saw a drop in recruiting under Mullen. it got to the point where they questioned if he even cared about recruiting. When Napier took over, he made sure to emphasize recruiting efforts to the fan base. UF is now in the top 8 in recruiting rankings

There were comments that said Mullen was a great recruiter. He might be a good recruiter, and hypothetically do well at SU since expectations are different, but it also needs to be acknowledged recruiting was his downfall for whatever reason at UF (I believe he was also put on probation for recruiting)
His recruiting was on par with where they have been basically been the previous 5 years and in some cases improved. In 2015 they had the 21st class. Last year they were 18th and this year they are 8th. I see several teams jumping them as well. So they'll end to pretty much where they always are.

The Florida fans are comparing him to the Meyer years, which is very difficult for anybody. Since wherever he goes he can get any player he wants since he is a step above most in recruiting ability.

It’s hilarious that some people don't think he is good enough for this program. I'm not saying he comes in a wins the natty, I just think they would be getting more ACC caliber players and going to bowls every year. It also gets people invested. It’s whatever. We are stuck with Babers for at least another year.

His recruiting was on par with where they have been basically been the previous 5 years and in some cases improved. In 2015 they had the 21st class. Last year they were 18th and this year they are 8th. I see several teams jumping them as well. So they'll end to pretty much where they always are.

The Florida fans are comparing him to the Meyer years, which is very difficult for anybody. Since wherever he goes he can get any player he wants since he is a step above most in recruiting ability.

It’s hilarious that some people don't think he is good enough for this program. I'm not saying he comes in a wins the natty, I just think they would be getting more ACC caliber players and going to bowls every year. It also gets people invested. It’s whatever. We are stuck with Babers for at least another year.

I don't think he's a bad coach, he's a solid HC. I just don't think he's good enough to make a huge impact at Syracuse. His recruiting was 100% the reason they ran him out of Florida or at least the way the framed it up regardless. Maybe he didn't get along with the big boosters, maybe the poor performance last year, don't know. They do run through coaches down there

Mullen also knows Dino very well and highly doubt he will ever replace him.

I'd rather give White a shot than Mullen. Much lower floor but could have a higher ceiling. I said could, I think the book is already written with Mullen. I think the things he struggled with at Florida will only get worse at Syracuse but who knows and I do think he would be better than Dino for sure