Who winning the national title would annoy you the least? | Syracusefan.com

Who winning the national title would annoy you the least?

Eric15

Living Legend
Now that we're out of it, my psyche shifts to "who winning would upset me the least?"

I think I'd like Florida to win. I really like and respect Billy Donovan, we don't have a rivalry with them, I don't think it would affect our recruiting at all. Or I wouldn't mind Virginia winning it to make it an ACC sweep of the football and basketball national titles.

Anyone but Uconn.

And UConn's bracket is falling just right. Now they are in MSG and some homecooking. Could this be Kemba Part 2? Could this team achieve a luckier draw than Kemba did?

To answer the original post: Virginia or Wichita State.

Arizona/Wichita/Michigan. I'd actually be ok with Wiggins leading Kansas to a title after everyone jumped off his bandwagon mid-season. Donovan's days at Marshall tell me he's shady and we don't want Pitino winning back to back.

I can't root for anyone who is helping with the expansion of the grab/hold/body brand of defense that is continuing to kill the college game. Sorry Virginia

Wichita State, for sure.

Mostly because I don't want to read all the "Donovan better than Boeheim" posts (and loud rebuttals) on this board after a Florida championship.

Obviously I'm on the Mercer train now. Gotta support the alma mater

Rooting for Wichita all the way. If not them Virginia or Wisconsin are fine for me.

Arizona/Wichita/Michigan. I'd actually be ok with Wiggins leading Kansas to a title after everyone jumped off his bandwagon mid-season. Donovan's days at Marshall tell me he's shady and we don't want Pitino winning back to back.

I can't root for anyone who is helping with the expansion of the grab/hold/body brand of defense that is continuing to kill the college game. Sorry Virginia

I don't Want Wiggins to lead Kansas to the title solely because I want what Melo to hold that honor of leading a team to a championship as a freshman than bouncing without having 6 first round picks on his team.

Wichita State, for sure.

Mostly because I don't want to read all the "Donovan better than Boeheim" posts (and loud rebuttals) on this board after a Florida championship.
I thought the only thing that matters is how many titles you have, so isn't he already twice as good as JB?

eao1115 said:
Now that we're out of it, my psyche shifts to "who winning would upset me the least?"

I think I'd like Florida to win. I really like and respect Billy Donovan, we don't have a rivalry with them, I don't think it would affect our recruiting at all. Or I wouldn't mind Virginia winning it to make it an ACC sweep of the football and basketball national titles.

Anyone but UConn. But would prefer one of the blue bloods.

Ultimate nightmare scenario: UConn
Nearly as bone-chilling: Kentucky

I would have no problem with Izzo winning his second. I would prefer that Pitino doesn't get his third although I'm starting to think that's going to happen. Would love to see Creighton take it. No problem with UVA and Tony Bennett either. I don't hate on Donovan and Florida either. So I guess I really, really, really just want someone, anyone to beat UConn. Please God.

Wichita State, Mercer. If it isn't Cuse, give me Cinderella. I know Wichita State is a #1 seed, but did anyone actually pick them?

This. Let a mid major win it this year. Then, let us be the 'major' to set the mid majors straight next hear.

People saying UVA..please remember rooting for UConn in 99.
Trust me. I got no beef with UVA fans. They seem pretty cool. We don't want them to match our 1 title. We just don't

Virginia. I'd like it to be from our *gag* conference *gag*, but not a school like Duke or UNC. I absolutely do not want Wichita St, simply because there is no way I want a team that played that kind of schedule to get credit for going undefeated. I also don't want Florida simply because I hate the SEC and how every fan of the sucky schools will lay claim to Florida's greatness if they win, just as they did with Kentucky. I would also be fine with any of the Cinderella's winning it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom