Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Navy

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • We all win!

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I loved it better when it was a competitive series. Navy has won the last 13:
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2014&team1=Army&team2=Navy

If anything they are even worse against Air Force, whom they have been beating once a decade sicne the 90's:
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2014&team1=Army&team2=AirForce

What is it with Army? or maybe what is it with Navy and Air Force? It can't be just they've had good coaches and Army hasn't. There ahs to be something about decisions that were made behind the scenes where Navy and Air Force wanted to win football games more and Army felt they had other priorities.

The GWOT has really hurt Army...it takes a special kid to go to West Point knowing you literally could be walking in the middle of the five years after starting college. You go to Navy or the Air Force Academy and you can do sexy things like fly jets and drive boats.

My Air Force son was exchanged at the Army game.

The West Point Cadets decided to give him a haircut and make up a few days prior to the game.
Matt at West Point.jpg

texascpa said:
"A submarine goes down with 120 men and comes up with 60 couples"

As an Army vet I love this. As the son of a submariner I dislike it. I'm torn.

My dad was a 27 year veteran of the military...he started in the Army, then the Army Air Force (WWII), then the Air Force. He bought the family's first TV so he could watch the Army/Navy game. That was before the Air Force Academy was established.

He also coached an Army base football team in post war Germany. He had Casimir Myslinski on that team. Myslinski was an All American center at West Point in the early 40's before his active duty stint, and later was AD at Pittsburgh.

220px-Cas_Myslinski.jpg

The A/N game is more than a game to me

My best friend went to the Naval Academy so I guess I'm obligated to root for the Midshipmen.

CuseTroop said:
you are the worst black knight ever

Heh. Grandfather served on a carrier in WW2, cousin went to the academy. I've been to a bunch of Army-Navy Games. Gotta support the Midshipmen.

Called my 82 year old mother today and could tell something was bothering her. She was upset she has to got to a family Christmas party and will miss this game. Rooting for Army.

That was one of the best Army-Navy games ever, in fact one of the best games ever. Too bad it had to be decided on turnovers. I always thought the discipline of the academies enabled them to run the wishbone efficiently. I hope we don't fumble the next war.

Went to the game, it was an awesome experience! Recommend it for anyone that loves football and America. The pregame/in game festivities are great. Army should have won this game, they had so many chances.

Was working the whole weekend ... for Army ... as I have been for the past 10 years. Unfortunately missed the game, and unfortunately didn't miss the SJU game. Disappointment(s)! But ... HOOAH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom