Who'Da Thunk It... | Syracusefan.com

Who'Da Thunk It...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Certainly not me. Who would have thought that after 14 not very distinguished performances the lights would start to go on?

But, it would be advisable to keep things in perspective. SU beat Villanova and St. Johns. Ordinarily this would be cause for a yawn rather than cause for celebration. But, it they keep the improvement going, who knows? And, if I'm not mistaken, possible first-round opposent UMASS does not have any top 10 wins.

And let's face it - even though it's more than SU has, UMass' Top 20 wins are Bucknell, Penn St, Ohio St, and Drexel twice. Certainly doesn't strike fear in this heart. IL has us playing at UNC, but that trip is 600+ miles. The NCAA travel guidelines say to bus every visitor within a 400-mile range and limit the field to two flights (or trips beyond 400 miles). Since Denver is probably in, that's one flight. I would think if we were to play in Chapel Hill, that would be the 2nd flight. That may end up happening, as UMass could host either Yale or Stony Brook for a close trip. Most of the seeded teams are from the 'South', while the majority of the unseeded teams are from the 'North', making this an exercise in logistics for the committee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom