Why did Tucker only have 13 carries? | Syracusefan.com

Why did Tucker only have 13 carries?

4evaOrange

Go kick rocks you goober!!!
GS had 16, I know sacks are counted in that too but damn 13 carries?

Gilbert playcalling + our lack of consistent passing game to get guys out of stacking the box

I honestly wouldn’t blame him for transferring. Our passing game is so trash that he has to know he will face stacked boxes all year.

He’s good enough to be a potential 1st Round RB and Heisman contender. I don’t know than I’d blame him for being worried about next year being a repeat of the past few games.

I’d hope whoever the coach is next year, immediately gets in Tuckers ear about how they will remedy the issues we faced down the stretch.

I honestly wouldn’t blame him for transferring. Our passing game is so trash that he has to know he will face stacked boxes all year.

He’s good enough to be a potential 1st Round RB and Heisman contender. I don’t know than I’d blame him for being worried about next year being a repeat of the past few games.
Yet he was one of the leading rushers in the nation. There’s no logic here. You guys are trying so hard to talk this transfer idea that you created, into reality.

Yet he was one of the leading rushers in the nation. There’s no logic here. You guys are trying so hard to talk this transfer idea that you created, into reality.

Look at his November splits.. that would be reason for concern if I were him. Also, we need to use him in the passing game - NFL teams will want to see that he can pass block and be a pass catcher.

I’m just saying, if I were him, I’d ask whoever our coach is next year, what the plan is to address stacked boxes and how he can be utilized in the passing game. He’s good enough to ask those “me” questions. Any staff worth their salt wouldn’t wait for him to ask, and would have those plans communicated to him before any questions even arise.

He’s going to transfer because we don’t give him the ball enough.

He’s going to transfer because we give him the ball 30+ times in some games and that’s too much and he’s going to get hurt.

He’s going to transfer because we won’t give him #44.

He’s going to transfer for NIL opportunities.

He’s going to transfer if we don’t fire the coach.

He’s going to transfer if we do fire the coach.

He’s going to transfer because he didn’t have a lot of yards in one game.

He’s going to transfer to prove he can be a 3rd down back in the league even though he “could be a first rounder”.

Some of us actually like and watch and root for the football team and the rest just like drama and use “Tucker is going to transfer” as a vehicle to try to legitimize whatever point it is they’re harping on this week. Been going on literally all season, and it’s annoying.

Last edited:

I’d hope whoever the coach is next year, immediately gets in Tuckers ear about how they will remedy the issues we faced down the stretch.

Running backs almost never win Heisman trophies anymore.

He could completely sit out next season and probably not hurt his draft status.

I’d imagine this is the kind of nonsense coaches deal with everyday: one day you run your rb too much, the next day it’s too little and all the feedback is coming from these hall of famer coaches at home sitting on their couch.

I’d imagine this is the kind of nonsense coaches deal with everyday: one day you run your rb too much, the next day it’s too little and all the feedback is coming from these hall of famer coaches at home sitting on their couch.

Yeah exactly. Why would you give the ball to the best player on the team and one of the best RB’s in the country. All these people at home have no clue. Just because you have one of the best players in the country doesn’t mean you have to use him every game. So what if the oline grades out better (still abysmal) in the running game than in passing situations. DB knows what he’s doing better than anyone. Just look at the record. So ridiculous when people question what the coach is doing. Can’t people just enjoy what we’re watching.

Yeah exactly. Why would you give the ball to the best player on the team and one of the best RB’s in the country. All these people at home have no clue. Just because you have one of the best players in the country doesn’t mean you have to use him every game. So what if the oline grades out better (still abysmal) in the running game than in passing situations. DB knows what he’s doing better than anyone. Just look at the record. So ridiculous when people question what the coach is doing. Can’t people just enjoy what we’re watching.
I question a lot, but hard to question the usage of a kid who carried 246 times for 1,496 yards IMO. He carried a huge load and had a great season.

With a response like that you need to go kick rocks!

Well it might be because Pitt has one of the best run defenses in the country and we’re keying to stop him.

The passing game had nothing to do with it last night.

Watch the oline….especially the right side….there’s your answer

I don’t have an issue with the run pass splits yesterday. Shrader threw the ball really well. Not enough talk about that.

However, a lot of those Shrader runs were running plays. We needed more Tucker runs. I have faith that if you give him the ball 20 times he will break 2 long runs even if the other 18 gain nothing.

BTW What was that play where it was snapped to Tucker and faked to Shrader? It literally gained no advantage.

If you really followed the NFL you'd realize that RB is no longer a draft priority. In the past two drafts, only 3 RBs were picked in the 1st round, and they were late picks and very exceptional backs with complete games. ST is an exceptional runner, a average or below average pass catcher, and a poor blocker. I love him but facts are facts. I think he has a poor chance of becoming a 1st round pick no matter where he finishes his career, and he will most likely never sniff the Heisman, either. It will most likely go to a QB. Great runner, great kid, and SU great. He'll be remembered more for his exploits here than anything he will do elsewhere.

I question a lot, but hard to question the usage of a kid who carried 246 times for 1,496 yards IMO. He carried a huge load and had a great season.
he was clearing battling some nagging injuries on the back half of the season too

Well it might be because Pitt has one of the best run defenses in the country and we’re keying to stop him.

The passing game had nothing to do with it last night.

Watch the oline….especially the right side….there’s your answer
Passing certainly had a part. 1st drive pass. , After that they waited till 4th to pass slants again. Too late Dino...passing always opens runs and vice versa

I don’t have an issue with the run pass splits yesterday. Shrader threw the ball really well. Not enough talk about that.

However, a lot of those Shrader runs were running plays. We needed more Tucker runs. I have faith that if you give him the ball 20 times he will break 2 long runs even if the other 18 gain nothing.

BTW What was that play where it was snapped to Tucker and faked to Shrader? It literally gained no advantage.
That play was a poor attempt at creativity from Sterlin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom