Why does Nike only make our uniforms look bad: Wake Forest new jerseys | Syracusefan.com

Why does Nike only make our uniforms look bad: Wake Forest new jerseys

Alsacs

Living Legend
New-Wake-Forest-Football-Uniforms.jpg

We can only beg for numerals that look this normal. Our jerseys should look a lot crisper but Nike doesn't care.

Because they get their colors right where they dont with us

If you really analyze them, the design s on the collar and sleeves tell me it's the same exact jersey. The only trouble here is the numbers.

If you really analyze them, the design s on the collar and sleeves tell me it's the same exact jersey. The only trouble here is the numbers.

But they honor the past...
"The black and gold uniform features a new custom number font honoring the university's founding in 1834. The numbers feature angled notches at 18 and 34 degrees, top and bottom respectively."

We all agree their should be more orange, but our jersey numerals are just flat out XFLish junk. I want to be able to clearly see the number on the jersey the stupid multi-colorness and the vertical 44 degree lines are just dumb.

It isn't hard if Nike just made numerals white with blue/orange piping depending on the home color and made the numerals either blue/orange on the white jersey with the other color as the piping.

Our new jerseys just suck as I would never buy one. I have #1 from the 2004 era style if I would wear one to the game.

some one at nike lost a bet -and has been playing with our jerseys since then as payback -

only logical reason a team called the orange doesnt have any or very little orange in most uniforms-

we always have the ugliest jerseys while other schools that wear orange have nice looking ones-

Alsacs said:
We can only beg for numerals that look this normal. Our jerseys should look a lot crisper but Nike doesn't care.

That guy on the right looks like he's gonna cry. Must be a Doreen guy.

Hey they used the school colors. What a revolutionary concept.

We should honor SU alum Lexington Steele and angle our numbers at 69 degrees.
If we wanted to offer Lex with our numbers, they'd be way too big to actually fit on the jersey.

We should honor SU alum Lexington Steele and angle our numbers at 69 degrees.
our numbers are strangely long so maybe that tribute is already there

These were absolutely perfect. Sucked we only wore them for a year, then started messing around with those blue pants, and stupid fade helmet.

I loved them too, but didn't we wear them for three years... 2010-2012?

We all agree their should be more orange, but our jersey numerals are just flat out XFLish junk. I want to be able to clearly see the number on the jersey the stupid multi-colorness and the vertical 44 degree lines are just dumb.

It isn't hard if Nike just made numerals white with blue/orange piping depending on the home color and made the numerals either blue/orange on the white jersey with the other color as the piping.

Our new jerseys just suck as I would never buy one. I have #1 from the 2004 era style if I would wear one to the game.

Agreed with the XFL comparison. Our uniforms are bad. I like the helmets, but Nike makes our uniforms too busy with all the gradient shading and the diagonal lines across the numbers. Its like some designer decided to incorporate every graphic design trick they knew into our uniforms.

Sometimes less is better.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with our LAX uniforms this year.
Yes. The white ones you wear now do look really good. To me, they're reminiscent of the Reds and Pirates classic sleeveless unis. There were some in the past that both of us wore that made me wonder if Nike's designers had all their taste in their mouths.

Yes. The white ones you wear now do look really good. To me, they're reminiscent of the Reds and Pirates classic sleeveless unis. There were some in the past that both of us wore that made me wonder if Nike's designers had all their taste in their mouths.

We went all sleeveless this season ... three vests (white, orange, blue), three t-shirts, three helmets, and three shorts. All interchangeable.

Although the all-blue look sucked.

-faf99bf8d7aa296c.JPG

23325.jpg

Full_Rebar said:
Everytime SU tries an all-blue look, two things occur: 1) it looks horrible and 2) that team seems to lose

And nobody recognizes the Syracuse Orange because they have all blue!

And nobody recognizes the Syracuse Orange because they have all blue!
its all done to trick the other team into thinking they are playing another team-

same tactics used by rommel in ww2 and latter by the portuguese in vietnam

Those are sharp unis.

It's possible to implement some "modern" elements to appeal to the 17-year-old boy set, without looking like clowns.

We're clowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom