Why I Can't Wait For Friday Night | Syracusefan.com

Why I Can't Wait For Friday Night

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
There is no sporting event better than a night SU Football game in the Dome.

Love tailgating in the Quad.

I have a ticket for Club 44 at halftime and after the game - should be fun.

Has Terrel Hunt improved as much as folks have suggested?

I have yet to see Steve Ishmael, Jamal Custis, Ervin Phillips, Sean Avant move the football.

I am a big fan of Ryan Sloan - thought he had some great moments last year - want to see him play substantial minutes.

Quinta Funderburke!

Overall, this is the longest, biggest, fastest and most athletic team we have fielded in fifteen years or more.

I have yet to see Steve Ishmael, Jamal Custis, Ervin Phillips, Sean Avant move the football.

I am a big fan of Ryan Sloan - thought he had some great moments last year - want to see him play substantial minutes.

Quinta Funderburke!

Overall, this is the longest, biggest, fastest and most athletic team we have fielded in fifteen years or more.

I am with you 100%. This offense is going to score often and will be a force. Could be best offense since 1998.
Lots of weapons, experienced offense line and second year in McDonalds offensive system. Will score at least 35 to 45 points on Villanova.

we have to score against Vill if we really want to believe the offense is going in the right direction.. in addition how we score will mean something. if every drive has to be a grind then we will have issues when the D's get better. Big play scores dont always happen but we have to show we can get yards in chunks if we want to become a better offense. we can have 10-12 play drives against Vill but i hope we have a couple 3-7 play drives that happen faster before i can start seeing we have turned that corner.

Quinta Funderburke!

And those new uniforms right?!

we have to score against Vill if we really want to believe the offense is going in the right direction.. in addition how we score will mean something. if every drive has to be a grind then we will have issues when the D's get better. Big play scores dont always happen but we have to show we can get yards in chunks if we want to become a better offense. we can have 10-12 play drives against Vill but i hope we have a couple 3-7 play drives that happen faster before i can start seeing we have turned that corner.

Just keep it in perspective. We rocked Wagner last year and Hunt looked like a superstar, then we played Clemson and Hunt looked like a first year QB. As long as it's not one of these FCS games where we are down at halftime then I'm fine. Pound them, get guys playing time, stay injury free and start the season out right. Go Cuse!

Agreed we need 35+ to turn this around and have some excitement.

What am I looking forward to:

Seeing tailgate friends I have not in a year.
Grilling w like minded cues fans
The view from the gate looking out over the west side of cues
Seeing what player shines that we haven't seen
Hoping that seniors like Fleming and Simmons finally stay healthy and reach their potential
And last but not least... Being told to sit down or the stare when I am standing and cheering the first 3rd and 10 for nova 2 mins into game.

Cues by 25

Finally got it this morning...that mix of excitement, anticipation, suspense, and even a little angry mojo as in time to open us some whoop-ass on Nova!! I can't wait for Friday! The countdown to kickoff is here. Go Cuse!!!