why is Hughes out? | Syracusefan.com

why is Hughes out?

Not cool dude!

JHJ!!!! Man, you are the highlight of the day on here! I wish we'd see more of you.

Let me be a good neighbor to this fellow and take the heat off of him about the virus by answering the OP's question about why Hughes was out(or at least one of the early rumos...some may recall this song) :

He was fat shamed at half time and couldn’t answer the bell

My theory is that the shaming may have been because of the lack of tesosterone on this squad, he met the establishment's definition of "toxic masculinity" in comparison, and was made an example of. (if you think I'm joking, if you saw dating sites or any place younger folks parrot opinions, you'd know what I mean).

Maybe he was just too embarrassed by the level of play.

Including his own. For the majority of the time he was out, it was a net gain in score differential, to be fair.

My theory is that the shaming may have been because of the lack of tesosterone on this squad, he met the establishment's definition of "toxic masculinity" in comparison, and was made an example of. (if you think I'm joking, if you saw dating sites or any place younger folks parrot opinions, you'd know what I mean).

Yup .., he tried to mansplain it away but they were too woke to fall for it .. he didn’t check his male privilege at the door ..

Your cultural and political commentary is an embarrassment. Stick to sports, as the MAGATs like to say.

The fact that a concussion protocol exists for a sport like basketball is v. dumb, as the kids say.

Your cultural and political commentary is an embarrassment. Stick to sports, as the MAGATs like to say.

(EDIT: I have no problem noting my humor may not always tranlate easily with those who take part in television viewing beyond sports regularly, as humor is something rather complex. I don't mind giving that extent of relateability for what is gained in return).

Maybe you can forgive me for not paying as much attention to the silly narratives, but in fact your post is the embarassment, as I was relating things I actually stumbed on that nonsense and witnessed with my own 2 eyes within the last 24 hours, so it was fresh in my memory. Your smear term has no effect on me, as I don't identify with any group, unlike the vast majority. I hope it made you feel better though, which I am rooting for you to do.
(note that unlike yourself, I did not relate my statement to any of the parties/movments, or their slogans...just a topic that also exists outside of them, regardless of your personal assocations and/or those of others. Conversely, I went out of my way to avoid doing so by using the generic/vague/benign word "establishment").

Last edited:
The fact that a concussion protocol exists for a sport like basketball is v. dumb, as the kids say.

lol I couldn't even go much over 24 hours since stumbling on the last bit of cultural(well, in that case, indoctrination, lol) that blew me away, without you reminding me with another example that I am not that hip these days. Thanks, man. lol (as for the statement itself, too late at night for me to want to consider it, especially with the emerging data to be considered).

Seriously?? There have been basketball players that have been disqualified because they couldn't get over concussion symptoms. Not one of your more intelligent takes.

i recall elijah being helped off the court to the tunnel by a trainer. stopping there . and then returning to the game next whistle. this ain't ancient history. it was just a couple games back. if elijah could play he would have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom