Why is officiating so bad? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why is officiating so bad?

Here's what I don't understand. When it's third down, and you pass the ball, and it gets intercepted - enough to consider it "possession" - then that player loses the hall, and the the original offensive team regains possession, why isn't it First Down
Where did this happen?

I find 95% of complaining about officiating to be annoying homerism, but that missed false start penalty was just utterly shocking.

When Kendall Coleman got blatantly held (jersey stretcher) in the end zone while about to sack the QB directly in front of the ref was baffling as well. He saw it, too. Decided not to throw his flag. K.

Southern ACC officials dislike us Yanks.

When Kendall Coleman got blatantly held (jersey stretcher) in the end zone while about to sack the QB directly in front of the ref was baffling as well. He saw it, too. Decided not to throw his flag. K.

Berry? Coleman didn't play.

We get called for every hold even minor ones. That is fine if you call it both ways but we rarely get hold calls in our favor. This inconsistency drives me nuts and makes a hugh impact on the game.

Reactions: FAL

In my comment earlier on this - the ref actually put his hand in his back pocket but apparently decided he hadn't seen what he just saw.

In my comment earlier on this - the ref actually put his hand in his back pocket but apparently decided he hadn't seen what he just saw.
I hadn't seen that detail, but that hold was as plain as day. It doesn't surprise me that his instinct was to throw the flag, but in that moment of thought, something came to him that made him stop.

I hadn't seen that detail, but that hold was as plain as day. It doesn't surprise me that his instinct was to throw the flag, but in that moment of thought, something came to him that made him stop.

Funny because my wife walked by and saw that whole sequence. She saw it before I did and asked me what is holding if that isn't.

That would a safety I believe if the holding occurred in the endzone

We were playing Pitt

We were playing Pitt

There's no reason to bring logic into the debate. That's the one thing that absolutely drives me bonkers is turning it into a north vs south thing. If you watch other college games, officials miss calls all across the country. We just notice the Syracuse ones since we watch every game and are biased when doing so. That being said, there was no excuse for missing the early movement on Pitt on the one play and the holding at the end of the game, but I don't think there is a conspiracy. It's just a fast, difficult game to officiate.

What about the Duke Miami game from a couple years ago? They screw up when southern teams are playing also.

This is no offense to Rocco. He's one of my favorite posters and the program would be in much better shape with 40,000 other fans that provide the support he does. I just hate to turn it into a north vs south thing every freaking week.

We were playing Pitt

I guess the only explanation is that the when two northern teams are playing each other, the ACC refs apply their conspiratorial bias by favoring the team that is further south in latitude.

Here's what I don't understand. When it's third down, and you pass the ball, and it gets intercepted - enough to consider it "possession" - then that player loses the hall, and the the original offensive team regains possession, why isn't it First Down
In that circumstance,it is a first down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom