Why is UVA being ignored for #1 ? | Syracusefan.com

Why is UVA being ignored for #1 ?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
ACC regular season champs. 9-1 over the last 10. ACC title game. 27-6 overall.

If Michigan loses and UVA wins I think they should get it. ACC regular season and tourney champs. 19-2 overall in ACC with both losses on the road, 1 in ot and the other on a lucky 3.

ACC regular season champs. 9-1 over the last 10. ACC title game. 27-6 overall.

It's out of conference results. Losses to VCU, Wisconsin and Tennessee (by 35) lead to a resume that isn't as strong as others looking at the one line.

If Michigan loses and UVA wins I think they should get it. ACC regular season and tourney champs. 19-2 overall in ACC with both losses on the road, 1 in ot and the other on a lucky 3.

Crazy to me that they're being ignored for a 2 seed as well. IMHO with a win theyre a 1 and with a loss they should be a 2. Absurd they wouldn't be.

After they beat Duke today they will end up as either the 1 or 2 seed in the East, IMO.

It's out of conference results. Losses to VCU, Wisconsin and Tennessee (by 35) lead to a resume that isn't as strong as others looking at the one line.

Yeah but look at the teams ahead of them, those resumes arnt that great. Even on the 2 line. Kansas, nova, Wisconsin shouldn't deserve a 2 over UVA.

Frankly at worst I think duke AND uva are 2's.

If UVA does not get a #1 seed, there will be trouble in River City... (BTW, this is where Rap originated).

and Green Bay

Wisconsin's resume is better across the board except Virginia winning acc regular season and conference title(unbalanced schedule hurts Virginia slightly) and OOC

They should've had an injured player down the stretch. Bad planning by Bennett. He should know how this works.

Has a number 1 seed ever had a 35 point loss on their resume before?

A lot of people can't seem to get over that loss to Tenn. I think they've more than proven that loss was an anomaly.

I don't know about 35 pts, but I distinctly recall UNC getting beaten by Wake by 26 pts in 1993.
Not only did UNC still get a #1 seed, they won it all that year (thanks in no small part to Chris Webber's inability to count).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom