Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Because nobody can stop #7. He’s not just a college star- he’s a future pro star. He has the strength and speed to get separation and the athletic ability to get the ball even when well covered. He can get you a first down and he can take it the distance.

- A year ago I was excited because our offense finally had some play makers: Dungey, Fredericks, Ismael, Estime and Phillips. We were going to light up scoreboards! Now they are the other guys who will get their chance to shine when the defenses focus on ET. (Except Fredericks, who has mysteriously fallen to third string.)

- Notre Dame is in flux right now. There could be a lot of confusion, especially on the defensive side. They are going to go with the head coach calling the defenses on the sidelines while the new DC is, in effect, a cheerleader, trying to motivate players. That doesn’t sound like an optimum situation for stopping a Dino Babers offense.

- Notre Dame’s weakness is said to be pass defense. They are giving up 253 yards per game. We are gaining 371 and should be able to test them, short, medium and deep.

- But they are also giving up 209 yards per game rushing. We may find some openings of the running game we haven’t seen so far.

- We are just learning to play this instrument, (pretend it’s a tuba). It’s sounded kind of strange from time to time but it’s going to sound better and better as we go along. (This statement could apply to both sides of the ball.)

- Yes, we’ve lost to Penn State, Southern California and Notre Dame in the meadowlands in this series. But they were all competitive games: 29-42, 17-23 and 15-31. This one will be, too. In that 2014 Notre Dame game we gained 429 yards and forced 5 turnovers. I still haven’t figured out how we only scored 15 points and managed to lose that one.

- At some point, we’re going to beat somebody pretty good and people will begin to take notice. Why not now?

- Actually I kinda like the way SUMBA does “Down Down the Field”:

2-2 with 8+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Hopefully ND doesn't get one of these

images.png

It's absolutely frightening to think how good this offense could be, if they can get a running attack going. I mean c'mon...we're throwing for 370 a game, with very little run support. Think about that.

- Because nobody can stop #7. He’s not just a college star- he’s a future pro star. He has the strength and speed to get separation and the athletic ability to get the ball even when well covered. He can get you a first down and he can take it the distance.

- A year ago I was excited because our offense finally had some play makers: Dungey, Fredericks, Ismael, Estime and Phillips. We were going to light up scoreboards! Now they are the other guys who will get their chance to shine when the defenses focus on ET. (Except Fredericks, who has mysteriously fallen to third string.)

- Notre Dame is in flux right now. There could be a lot of confusion, especially on the defensive side. They are going to go with the head coach calling the defenses on the sidelines while the new DC is, in effect, a cheerleader, trying to motivate players. That doesn’t sound like an optimum situation for stopping a Dino Babers offense.

- Notre Dame’s weakness is said to be pass defense. They are giving up 253 yards per game. We are gaining 371 and should be able to test them, short, medium and deep.

- But they are also giving up 209 yards per game rushing. We may find some openings of the running game we haven’t seen so far.

- We are just learning to play this instrument, (pretend it’s a tuba). It’s sounded kind of strange from time to time but it’s going to sound better and better as we go along. (This statement could apply to both sides of the ball.)

- Yes, we’ve lost to Penn State, Southern California and Notre Dame in the meadowlands in this series. But they were all competitive games: 29-42, 17-23 and 15-31. This one will be, too. In that 2014 Notre Dame game we gained 429 yards and forced 5 turnovers. I still haven’t figured out how we only scored 15 points and managed to lose that one.

- At some point, we’re going to beat somebody pretty good and people will begin to take notice. Why not now?

- Actually I kinda like the way SUMBA does “Down Down the Field”:

2-2 with 8+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Notre Dame can go FLUX themselves!!! ;)

It's absolutely frightening to think how good this offense could be, if they can get a running attack going. I mean c'mon...we're throwing for 370 a game, with very little run support. Think about that.
We can get a running game going all he has to do is #freefredericks. Have FAITH BABERS give him a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom