Why Syracuse will win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse will win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Because we are in that window of opportunity known as the 4th through the 6th game when Dino Babers says his young players will “get it”. We are 3-6 in the 4th through the 6th games of Dino’s three previous seasons but maybe this is the year!

- If the line can get things figured out, Tommy DeVito will finally get a chance to show what he can do with the football. That, in turn will bring out the talent in his receivers and we can finally see the big numbers we’ve dreamed of from the passing game.

- Which could open up the running game. Moe Neal, Abdul Adams and Jarveon Howard are rarin’ to go. We just need to get them to the second level.

- I do think that the defense will show some growth. We started to get pressure on Trevor Lawrence with good results, (2 interceptions and 15 other incompletions) once we started to tighten up the coverage. If they are nice enough to keep Eskeridge on defense, we can keep on doing that.

- I think our linebackers are growing up fast and we’ll see, as we did last season, that group grow from a minus to a plus as the season progresses.

- I still think that we’ve got one of the best defensive backfields around and a lot of players that could help out against the run as well.

- Our special teams remain second to none. We could have given Clemson a real game if we could have taken advantage of field positon much more than we did and I think we will against WMU.

- The players, after high expectations, are sick of mopping the floor with their hair and they will come out determined to make a statement.

- The fans may be down to begin the game but once they see the team playing hard and looking more like they expected, they will get into this game, big time. They want something to cheer about.

1-2 and 9+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom